[resolved] Rejected rows in tMSSqlOutput

Five Stars

[resolved] Rejected rows in tMSSqlOutput

Hi,
in Talend 5.2, how can I capture the rejected rows in tMSSqlOutput.
Component settings:
- Action on table: none
- Action on data: insert
- Die on error: unchecked
Thanks
Antonio del Olmo

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Rejected rows in tMSSqlOutput

Hi
Please check that the 'Use batch size' option is selected or not, this option can not be used with reject link together, so this option should be unchecked if you want to use reject link.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies

Hi,
What is your work flow? I think you can add a tMap component in the middle of row link and set a rejected row in Map Editor
Please see the related article with scenario Mapping the Output setting and Connection types. Could you give us more description about your job so that we can design a proper work flow for you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Yes,
I have a job of Talend 3.1. In this version the tMsSqlOutput permit the rejected output, but in Talend 5.2, this link is not valid.
I insert in the output all rows, but when a row launch an error when try to insert, I capture this row and insert it in a log table.
Can you understand me?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
I think you are looking for "ErrorReject". This row link connects a tMap component to an output component. This link is enabled when you clear the Die on error check box in the tMap editor and it gathers data that could not be processed (wrong type, undefined null value, unparseable dates, etc.).
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Is an option, but this ErrorReject tMap output not capture the error of rows that can´t insert into destiny table. Por example, a reject row for index violation. In Talend 3.1.3, this option are available, how can i reproduce this option in talend 5.2?
Community Manager

Hi
Please check that the 'Use batch size' option is selected or not, this option can not be used with reject link together, so this option should be unchecked if you want to use reject link.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Five Stars

Yes it`s.
Thanks, this is the solution.