[resolved] Recommended version control in Talend 6.1

One Star

[resolved] Recommended version control in Talend 6.1

Hi All,
        I see Talend 6.1 for Big Data has both SVN and GIT version controls.I am inclined towards starting to use GIT, as we have few developers working in parallel and GIT manages versions as merge to a trunk ,whereas SVN stores versions as manual files.
        However, the current version (5.5) used by me is using SVN repository.So i would need to look into a process while upgrading from 5.5 to 6.1. 
       Can anyone help with comparing how each of them is towards working with jobs in talend ?
Thank You

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Recommended version control in Talend 6.1

Hi 
Git is an external option for Talend project storage repository since 6.1 version, there are many discussions about the difference between SVN and GIT on internet, such as:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/871/why-is-git-better-than-subversion
I got responses from our developers that there is no performance difference for Talend project storage in SVN or GIT. 
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi 
Git is an external option for Talend project storage repository since 6.1 version, there are many discussions about the difference between SVN and GIT on internet, such as:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/871/why-is-git-better-than-subversion
I got responses from our developers that there is no performance difference for Talend project storage in SVN or GIT. 
One Star

Hi Shong,
             Thanks for the response.I was checking whether i could use GIT; as connecting and working to our Talend 5.5 SVN was taking long time to load since we have lot of Jobs with each  having many versions.
Thank You
Community Manager

Hi  
Your feedback is welcome, you can make some testing to use GIT for your project storage and share your feedback here. Smiley Wink
One Star

Thanks for link!