[resolved] Read a component comment or subjob title in another component

One Star

[resolved] Read a component comment or subjob title in another component

Hi All,
Does anybody have an idea how to read a component __COMMENT__ variable or subjob title in another component? It would be very useful. I tried everything and searched everywhere but no luck so far.
Thanks

Re: [resolved] Read a component comment or subjob title in another component

Hi,
Does anybody have an idea how to read a component __COMMENT__ variable or subjob title in another component? It would be very useful. I tried everything and searched everywhere but no luck so far.

Are you looking for component's global variable? Could you please elaborate your case with an example?( component __COMMENT__ variable, subjob title)

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Every component has a comment field in the settings (Component -> Documentation) with the __COMMENT__ variable attached to it (picture1). The same variable can be used as the component's label (picture2). I don't know if it is a global variable but I can't see it anywhere in the code and I don't know how to read it in the flow. I would like to use it to insert to a database field.

Optionally every subjob has a 'title' as a basic setting (picture3). I could use it as well but don't know how to get it. 

Seventeen Stars

hi all,
If I've dot a weel-understanding of your purpose, you cannot retrieve the value of __COMMENT__ variable in another job.
you have to store in a globalMap (or anything else) and pass value through context parameter of a tRunJob.
ps: perhaps you can create a context group 'label' with key/value as label/message, but could become hard to manage ...
regards
laurent
One Star

That's what I want to do... store it in globalMap/context... whatever and use it. I just don't know how to call this variable to load it to globalMap/context, what is the command to call it?
Seventeen Stars

One Star

Thanks for all the answers...
I've found the answer to my question in another posts. As I thought what I wanted to do cannot be done. 
The hover notes in a component properties are mainly for component development. The variables exist in the JET code inside the component and they are not exposed to the job code.
Which means I cannot access the __COMMENT__ component variable I wanted to use.