One Star

[resolved] Project sync with Repo

Hi Team-
I am useing Talend 5.1 and Collabnet SVN. I have couple of question.
1. We have created two project xyz and ABC under Repo - R.
but I am not able to see these project XYZ and ABC in talend Admin Console. so what I did, I drop these project from SVN and create them from TAC.
So my question is I have configure SVN in TAC but why I am not able to see Projects? Let me know if I missed any thing.

2. Suppose I have old project XYZ.zip. and Now I have created new project ABC by TAC. Now I open Talend Studio for ABC project . As of now I do not have any job and component. I want to import jobs of XYZ.zip project. what is the best way to import the jobs? When I tried to import from File>Import Items, and when I checked SVN repo the structure is like:
<>\SVN>Repo/ABC/trunk/Process/xyz/process like this..
let me know if additional information is required.
Cheers-
Siegfried
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Project sync with Repo

Dear user
You should create the projects in TAC, not SVN server. To create a TAC project, just follows these steps:
1>. Go to configuration page, configure the svn parameters, including SVN location URL, username and password, for example, the svn location url looks like:
https://XP-201107281419:8443/svn/R/
R is the repository name you want to store Talend projects under it.
2>. In Projects tab, click Add button to create a new project, type in ABC in Label field if you want to create a project called 'ABC'.
2. To import items, right click on the Job designs in Repository, and select Import items, check the box 'Select archive file' and browse your old project XYZ.zip.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Dear user
You should create the projects in TAC, not SVN server. To create a TAC project, just follows these steps:
1>. Go to configuration page, configure the svn parameters, including SVN location URL, username and password, for example, the svn location url looks like:
https://XP-201107281419:8443/svn/R/
R is the repository name you want to store Talend projects under it.
2>. In Projects tab, click Add button to create a new project, type in ABC in Label field if you want to create a project called 'ABC'.
2. To import items, right click on the Job designs in Repository, and select Import items, check the box 'Select archive file' and browse your old project XYZ.zip.
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thanks Shong. Its Clear now.