[resolved] Project Authorizations - can not see any projects, table corrupt?

We have a single project. We've been using it for a year, this morning we have a severe error. All the authorizations are lost and we can't recreate them.
That project shows correctly on projects scree in TAC. On the advanced settings, we can confirm it connects to SVN okay with "Check Connection" button.
On the Project Authorizations page, the users are listed as usual, but there are no projects on the right. The top of the screeen has the flashing message: peration failed: 500 The call failed on the server; see server log for details -- For more information see your log file
In technicalLogs, we have this ProjectViewAdapter errors below.
(I have to get reconnected to H2 to get exact names for this, I'll come back and edit the exact column names) In the H2 database, we found the there are rows for each user in the PjojectAuthorizations table but the Project id is null for all of them.
When we create a new, dummy project in the projects screen, it does not appear in the right-hand side of the TAC ProjectAuthorization screen.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.remoterepositorymgt.view.ProjectViewAdapter.hib2Gwt(ProjectViewAdapter.java:220)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.remoterepositorymgt.view.ProjectAuthorizationAdapter.hib2Gwt(ProjectAuthorizationAdapter.java:80)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.remoterepositorymgt.view.ProjectAuthorizationAdapter.hib2Gwt(ProjectAuthorizationAdapter.java:28)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.remoterepositorymgt.view.AbstractViewAdapter.hib2Gwt(AbstractViewAdapter.java:89)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.remoterepositorymgt.view.AbstractViewAdapter.hib2Gwt(AbstractViewAdapter.java:77)
at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.remoterepositorymgt.services.ProjectsAuthorizationsServiceImpl.getAuthorizations(ProjectsAuthorizationsServiceImpl.java:55)
(more rows deleted)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Project Authorizations - can not see any projects, table corrupt?

I also opened a ticket and thanks to Talend support for the quick response. This is a known problem fixed in 5.3. The H2 database (H2 by default) had columns in the table that joins projects to users where the project number was nulled out (and in one case the user number as well). Evidently this jams up the TAC UI so no projects can be displayed. Resolution in https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-23207
Recommendations to anyone responsible for admin'ing Talend - In case you hit problems where you need it - make sure you have client software configured and know how to run SQL against the TALEND_ADMINSTRATOR database that saves TAC settings, have all your credentials in line, etc.. By default the database is H2; TAC doesn't come with a client. The client I downloaded (squirrel) needed double-quotes around any non-capitalized name to work. I grabbed the jar with the driver from Sourceforge, whole thing took awhile to locate and set up.
1 REPLY

Re: [resolved] Project Authorizations - can not see any projects, table corrupt?

I also opened a ticket and thanks to Talend support for the quick response. This is a known problem fixed in 5.3. The H2 database (H2 by default) had columns in the table that joins projects to users where the project number was nulled out (and in one case the user number as well). Evidently this jams up the TAC UI so no projects can be displayed. Resolution in https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-23207
Recommendations to anyone responsible for admin'ing Talend - In case you hit problems where you need it - make sure you have client software configured and know how to run SQL against the TALEND_ADMINSTRATOR database that saves TAC settings, have all your credentials in line, etc.. By default the database is H2; TAC doesn't come with a client. The client I downloaded (squirrel) needed double-quotes around any non-capitalized name to work. I grabbed the jar with the driver from Sourceforge, whole thing took awhile to locate and set up.