[resolved] Problem retrieve tables schemes on SQL Server 2008 R2 / Talend v5.0.2

Six Stars

[resolved] Problem retrieve tables schemes on SQL Server 2008 R2 / Talend v5.0.2

Hello
This is my first post here so sorry if I'm not using best practices.
This is my problem:
I have a SQL Server 2008 R2 hosted on a Windows Server 2003 64 bit.
On this database I created two schemes and dedicated users/connections owners of these schemes in SQL Server authentication.
I attack these schemes since Talend V5.0.2 deployed on a desktop Windows XP 32-bit.
No problem to create connections "MS SQL Server" (jtds).
But when I try to retrieve schemes of my tables, Talend tell me "waiting" indefinitely.
I tried everything in terms of rights on my users (sysadmin, dbowner etc.) but nothing changes.
It happens the same thing if I use the "sa" user.
In fact, what I do, the only schemes I can retrieve my tables schemes are dbo and sys. I can not retrieve the tables schemes from other database schemes.
Odbc connection is worst, I can not recover tables schemes at all.
Does anyone here have a solution and / or the same problem?
Thank you for your answers, and please come back to me if you need additional information.
Rergards

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] Problem retrieve tables schemes on SQL Server 2008 R2 / Talend v5.0.2

Hi Pedro
I found that on the web :
"In MS SQL
- Create a user
- Create a role
- Add your user to the role created
- Add your user to the db_owner role
- Go to the properties of your schema
- Add the role that you created
- Selection can be made in the matrix of the different bottom right SELECT
You can now access your database schema through talend specifying the component's info (USER, PWD, SCHEMA, etc ...)"
Do you think that can resolve our problem ?
Did you have an answer about your own ticket in the Talend bug tracker ?
Could you give me the link to follow it ?
Thx

All Replies
One Star

Re: [resolved] Problem retrieve tables schemes on SQL Server 2008 R2 / Talend v5.0.2

Hi
Welcome to Talend Community!
In fact, I'm facing the same issue.
I have a schema called "ABC" in SQL SERVER.
When I try to retrieve schema from ABC, it shows "Pending" and never stop.
However, if the schema is dbo, the retrieving works fine.
Please report it on BugTracker.
Regards,
Pedro
Six Stars

Six Stars

Hi Pedro
I found that on the web :
"In MS SQL
- Create a user
- Create a role
- Add your user to the role created
- Add your user to the db_owner role
- Go to the properties of your schema
- Add the role that you created
- Selection can be made in the matrix of the different bottom right SELECT
You can now access your database schema through talend specifying the component's info (USER, PWD, SCHEMA, etc ...)"
Do you think that can resolve our problem ?
Did you have an answer about your own ticket in the Talend bug tracker ?
Could you give me the link to follow it ?
Thx
One Star

Hi

Yes. You can configure the MSSQL components manually to access tables from other schema.
I have thought you knowed this and just wanted to report the 'pending' bug.
Regards,
Pedro
Six Stars

Hi
Somebody know if v5.1.0 has the same problem ?
Thx
Six Stars

Hi
For information the problem is the same with Talend v5.1.0 and Java 7.
Regards
One Star

Hi
Thanks for your feedback.
Hope this bug would be fixed soon.
Regards,
Pedro
Six Stars

Hi
Normaly it will be fixed in v5.1.1
You can look here :
http://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-20393
Regards
Six Stars

Now in 5.1.1 connection is totally impossible...
When you check connection there is a message :
"Access to the data failur{0}
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.lang.ClassCastException: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3 cannot be cast to net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2"
One Star

Hi
I notice you have made a new comment on TDI-20393.
You might reopen it if the bug exists.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

I am experiencing the same ConnectionJDBC3 cast to ConnectionJDBC2 error in 5.1.1 on Win7 64bit.
cwaras - Can you kindly reopen bug TDI-20393?
One Star

I same problam observed :
With MS SQL Server and schema dbo (default) Talend is OK with connection + schema + table structure.
BUT
With a different schema than dbo and Talend v5.1.0, I got the schema, but not tables (pending state).
Now, on latest version 5.1.1r804309, I even no longer retrive schemas of the DB :
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.lang.ClassCastException: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3 cannot be cast to net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2
Sounds like worse than on v5.1.0 ?!
Six Stars

Hi
Yes, it's worst....
You can see here : http://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-21382
Regards
Six Stars

Hi
Normaly release date for v5.0.3 was yesterday (21/06/2012) but i see nothing....
Somebody know where i can find it ?
Thx
One Star

I had had the same problem.
This is just a workaround in my case , but I can now retrieve table structures from SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 using v5.1.0 by un-checking "SYNONYM" on the first screen named "Filter for the Table." in "Retrieve Schema" wizard.
Six Stars

The problem seems solved in v5.0.3.
Thank you.
One Star

Hi,
I am using sql server 2008 for my database and when trying to retrieve its schema even with dbo as schema type i am unable to do so .It doesn't fetches the schema for any of the tables and remains in Pending state indefinitely.
I this forum i do see a bug but there it says it should atleast work with dbo schema
Please help
One Star

I have had a similar problem related to permissions for sql server authentication.
One Star

Hi all,

I am new to talend,i am extracting 2 table(oracle) data using teltoracleinput components and load to the destination(Oracle).
I created job & exicuted i am getting the following error.
Any can help me............

Exception in component tELTOracleOutput_1
java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:70)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:133)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:206)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:455)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:406)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoer.processError(T4CTTIoer.java:399)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.receiveOauth(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:799)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:368)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:508)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:203)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:33)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:510)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at kranthi.job1_0_1.job1.tELTOracleMap_1Process(job1.java:347)
at kranthi.job1_0_1.job1.runJobInTOS(job1.java:610)
at kranthi.job1_0_1.job1.main(job1.java:478)
disconnected
I am using this components

tELTOracleinput--------
TELTMAP -------- -- TELRORACLEOUTPUT
tELTORACLEINPUT--------
One Star

I can get the structures, but selecting a schema in MS SQL causes the same problem.. sits on pending indefinately.
Six Stars

Hi
This problem is resolved in v5.0.3.
Regards
One Star

The issue still exists in 5.1.1
Seven Stars

5.0.3 was released after 5.1.1. 5.1.2 should be out in a week and contain the fix.
One Star

SQL Server table data gets corrupted when internal Server errors or virus attacks etc affects entire database of MDF file. To get back or retrieve data from table with schema is possible by using SQL data recovery tool. It recovers all damaged or corrupt MDF file table data and user can easily open their columns, keys and indexes etc. It also helps to retrieve deleted table data. To get more information visit: http://www.ms.sqldatarecovery.net/