[resolved] Postgre extra_float_digits problem

One Star

[resolved] Postgre extra_float_digits problem

Hi, I'm trying to connect with Postgre with Talend, I configure the connection, but when I check it, this connection fail with this message:

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: Unsupported startup parameter: extra_float_digits
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:157)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1047)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:301)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:261)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm.checkConnection(DatabaseForm.java:2096)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm.access$41(DatabaseForm.java:2021)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$24.widgetSelected(DatabaseForm.java:2349)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
      at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
      at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.metadata.CreateConnectionAction.doRun(CreateConnectionAction.java:207)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:612)
      at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:93)
      at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:237)
      at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3206)
      at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1969)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:621)
      at org.talend.repository.viewer.action.RepoDoubleClickAction.run(RepoDoubleClickAction.java:112)
      at org.eclipse.ui.actions.RetargetAction.run(RetargetAction.java:221)
      at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonNavigatorManager$3.open(CommonNavigatorManager.java:185)
      at org.eclipse.ui.OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper$InternalListener.open(OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper.java:48)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:845)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
      at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:843)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1131)
      at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.handleOpen(CommonViewer.java:462)
      at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1235)
      at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:264)
      at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:258)
      at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:298)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
      at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
      at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
      at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
      at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
      at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:155)
      at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
      at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
      at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
      at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1383)
  Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: Unsupported startup parameter: extra_float_digits
      at org.postgresql.Driver$ConnectThread.getResult(Driver.java:341)
      at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:264)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:148)
      ... 60 more

Can anyone tell me how to fix the error ?. Thank you very much.

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Postgre extra_float_digits problem

Hi!
Whether it is solved.
It was not a problem Talend, the problem was the pool of database connections.
I can now connect to the database without problem.
Thanks for everything Sabrina, greetings.

All Replies

Hi,
On which official version did you get that ? How did you connect to your Postgre  DB? Did you set DB connection in metadata?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello Sabrina have this version: "Talend Open Studio for Data Integration" Version: 5.6.0M1.
I connect to Postgre Db with a VPN.
I have this in my metadata, the connection with the database is ok, I have access with PostgreEnterpriseManger for example, but not with Talend:

DB Type: PostgreSQl
Db Version: Prior to v9

Hi,

Can you connect to your Postgre DB successfully by client without using Talend Tool? Does this issue repro on other released version(5.6.1)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

With PostgreEnterpriseManager connects without problem, but when I want to configure the postgre with Talend, the check fail.
I tried with 5.6.1 version, but I have the same problem.
Do you have any idea how to fix it?

Hi,
What's your Postgre DB version? Have you checked document about:TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedupported systems and databases?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thank you Sabrina, the version is 9.3. I see that Talend support PostgreSQL 8.3.
Not compatible with 9.3?
I can not do anything to fix it?
This would be a really big problem for me...

Hi,

In the documentation we provide a list of databases that are supported, in the sense that we do provide an SLA and technical support for them. This doesn't mean other (non-listed) databases will not work but simply we won't necessarily be equipped to help you with any issue you may face with them.

Could you please open a new feature jira issue of DI for PostgreSQL 9.3?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Can you tell me how a I open a new feature?
Do you have an url or something?
Excuse me, but I don't know how do it.

Hi,
You can login Talend Bug Tracker with your Talend Forge account and password.
Feel free to create an issue about new feature.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Ok, sabrina, I'll do it.
Thank you.
One Star

Hi,
I have an answer from Talend Bug Tracker team, but I'm not sure how I can do it.
The answer is a url:
In this site explains that for fix the problem I should add the parameter extra_float_digits to the ignore startup parameters on pgbouncer.ini like this:
http:/ /permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.postgresql.pgbouncer.general/704
ignore_startup_parameters = application_name,extra_float_digits
Where I can insert this solution in Talend?
Talend have some file called XXX.ini where this is specified?

I do not know how to apply the response of Talend Bug Tracker

Hi jajimenez,
Could you please paste your jira link into forum?
Can you give your comments in jira issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi,
Do you mean configration file?(.ini file)
Please see my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi!
Whether it is solved.
It was not a problem Talend, the problem was the pool of database connections.
I can now connect to the database without problem.
Thanks for everything Sabrina, greetings.

Hi jajimenez,
Could you please mark this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--