One Star

[resolved] Pbm with tSybaOutput cmpnnt []

I am trying to recover some Google Analytics data and fetch them into a sybase Database. I have manualy created my table in the DB with the corresponding scheme that I have in Talend. But I keep getting this error
Exception in component tSybaseOutput_1
com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybSQLException: Length or precision specification 0 is not within the range of 1 to 255.
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.a(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.tds.Tds.nextResult(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.ResultGetter.nextResult(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybStatement.nextResult(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybStatement.executeLoop(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.sybase.jdbc3.jdbc.SybStatement.execute(Unknown Source)
at newtest.newtest_0_1.newTest.tGoogleAnalyticsInput_1Process(newTest.java:767)
at newtest.newtest_0_1.newTest.tSetProxy_2Process(newTest.java:380)
at newtest.newtest_0_1.newTest.runJobInTOS(newTest.java:1409)
at newtest.newtest_0_1.newTest.main(newTest.java:1274)

Thank you Smiley Happy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] Pbm with tSybaOutput cmpnnt []

It looks like your job is trying to create the table, correct?
For the tGoogleAnalyticsInput component the developer defines the schema according to the dimensions and metrics.
Please check the length and precision of the schema and set the values higher than zero - never leaf it out!
All dimensions are Strings and you should set as length what you expect (best way is to give the result out in a file or tLogRow and estimate the necessary length + double it to be sure you will never miss something ;-)
Most dimensions (clicks, impressions and so on) are integer and an integer needs and length of minimum 10 and a precision of 0.
3 REPLIES
Seventeen Stars

It looks like your job is trying to create the table, correct?
For the tGoogleAnalyticsInput component the developer defines the schema according to the dimensions and metrics.
Please check the length and precision of the schema and set the values higher than zero - never leaf it out!
All dimensions are Strings and you should set as length what you expect (best way is to give the result out in a file or tLogRow and estimate the necessary length + double it to be sure you will never miss something ;-)
Most dimensions (clicks, impressions and so on) are integer and an integer needs and length of minimum 10 and a precision of 0.
One Star

Thank you jloling, helpful as always Smiley Happy
Community Manager

MedAchraf,
if Jan's answer helped you resolve your issue, do you mind set this topic as "resolved".
This can help users identify topics where a useful fix/answer was provided.
Cheers
Elisa