[resolved] Outside valid range for the datatype TINYINT in tMySqlInput Component.

One Star

[resolved] Outside valid range for the datatype TINYINT in tMySqlInput Component.

Hi All,
I'm extracting data from Mysql database and loading into csv file. One field turnaround datatype is TINYINT.
I used tMySqlInput  and tfileoutputdelimetedfile components.When i run the job i'm getting below.
"Exception in component tMysqlInput_2
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLDataException: '178' in column '13' is outside valid range for the datatype TINYINT."
Thanks,
kumar

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Outside valid range for the datatype TINYINT in tMySqlInput Component.

Thanks Sabrina,
I changed data type as integer.It's working fine.
Regards,
kumar.talend

All Replies

Re: [resolved] Outside valid range for the datatype TINYINT in tMySqlInput Component.

Hi,
A TINYINT will always have a size of one (1) byte. And accept values between -128 and 127 (if signed). Have you signed it? Is it working if you set it as "UNSIGNED"(0-255)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina,
I changed data type as integer.It's working fine.
Regards,
kumar.talend

Hi kumar.talend,
Thanks for your feedback. Could you please mark this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.