One Star

[resolved] ORACLE PARTITIONED TABLE

Hi!
I'm new and i want insert in a specific partion of a oracle table is possible with talend?
Thanks in advance
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] ORACLE PARTITIONED TABLE

No that is not what I am tried to explain. tOracleOutput does not create new partitions - of course not.
You have to declare your partitions by your self, but you can declare as much as you need - also for the fare furture, because a empty partition in Oracle does not allocate space, it is only a configuration nothing else.
I suggest creating - per script - as much as your application lives for the next - let me say - 10 years and the real partition indeed will be created automatically if there are values for it.
7 REPLIES

Hi,
It is possible to use talend to take actions in a specific partition of a oracle table. As long as the JDBC and Oracle support the specific partition of a oracle table, talend support that too.
I think it is same that inserting data in a specific partition of a oracle table or do it in a ordinary table.
You can take a try for it. Pay more attention on your SQL language, as we known that there are some differences between ordinary table and specific partition of table.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
the only way that I have found is by tOracleRow Component using for example:
insert into t1 select * from tb2 where DT_timestamp >= DATE '2012-0101' and DT_timestamp < DATE '2013-0102'
there is another way?
Thanks,
Gino.

Hi,
Perhaps the component tMap is another way for your job design. Set a filter condition in input source. But there is a concern about the performance.
The tMap will be slower than writing a equivalent SQL . Because Sql query is executed on the database engine directly.
By the way we provide ELT components to community users
For more details, please refer to: UsingSQLtemplates and ELT components. Hope it will help you.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

Oracle it self organize where your data sets are stored. It is not necessary to change anything in your SQL statement - and therefore in the Talend job - to read or write from a partitioned table in Oarcle (unlike in PostgreSQL!).
Oracle handle partitions absolute transparent, speak simply to the table, that it.
One Star

Hi jlolling,
you are telling me that if I run job without any where conditions the tOracleOutput components assolve his task?!?
For example: I want to insert in partitioned table ( DT_timestamp is the field used for partitionig),
if the data_set are with DT_timestamp='April/2013' and the last partition where I entered rows is March/2013,
tOracleOutput adds a new partition and insert the rows?
Thanks for your help!!!
For Sabrina,
I see the ELT components now i make a test, very helpfull!!!
Seventeen Stars

No that is not what I am tried to explain. tOracleOutput does not create new partitions - of course not.
You have to declare your partitions by your self, but you can declare as much as you need - also for the fare furture, because a empty partition in Oracle does not allocate space, it is only a configuration nothing else.
I suggest creating - per script - as much as your application lives for the next - let me say - 10 years and the real partition indeed will be created automatically if there are values for it.
One Star

Ok I understand Smiley Happy!!! Thanks for help very helpfull...
Gino.