[resolved] Not able to RUN any job on Talend

One Star

[resolved] Not able to RUN any job on Talend

I have recently installed Talend open studio for Big Data 5.4.1 When executing any job with any components, I am facing the same error as mentioed below. And the CODE tab is showing blank. Is there any configuration missed by me?
I have jdk1.6.0_37 installed and below environment variables are set.
CLASSPATH = .;"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_37\jre\lib"
JAVA_HOME = "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_37"
Please help me out!
Execution failed : Failed to generate code.

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Not able to RUN any job on Talend

Thanks to you all. My problem is solved now. My OS is Wondows 7 Enterprise. There was another version of java installed, i.e., jdk1.8.0. After uninstalling the same, i am able run my jobs and also seeing the code tab Smiley Happy

All Replies
One Star

I've run into that issue in the past. Your settings look ok. I just grabbed mine and they are
JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_29
classpath = .;%JAVA_HOME%\lib;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
PATH = %JAVA_HOME%\bin;%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin

Check your Path variable.
If all else checks out, you may want to check your jvm settings in your Talend .ini file and alter your memory settings. See http://kindleconsulting.com/blog/entry/managing-jvm-heap-size-in-talend-open-studio.html
Finally, it may be that your local workspace is corrupted for any number of reasons. Unfortunately with Open Studio by default, you don't have a shared repository. If you had configured your system to use svn or some other code repo, you could force the recreation of your local /workspace directory by exiting the Studio, renaming your /workspace directory, reopening the Studio. It should recreate the /workspace directory and reimport your items from the repository.

Hi,
I suppose you have read the document TalendHelpCenter: Prior to installing the Talend products and TalendHelpCenter:Installing Talend Studio for the first time.
What's your OS?
Try to restore the items to see if it is OK with you.
1. Back up the workspace.
2. Delete the workspace and restart the studio
3. Import all items from the backup of workspace done in step1.
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks to you all. My problem is solved now. My OS is Wondows 7 Enterprise. There was another version of java installed, i.e., jdk1.8.0. After uninstalling the same, i am able run my jobs and also seeing the code tab Smiley Happy

Hi,
My OS is Wondows 7 Enterprise. There was another version of java installed, i.e., jdk1.8.0. After uninstalling the same, i am able run my jobs and also seeing the code tab

It is great for us. Thanks for sharing the experience with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.