[resolved] Newline in tMap Condition

One Star

[resolved] Newline in tMap Condition

Hi everybody,
I have a problem with an expression, i would like to insert newline in my result :
MY EXPRESSION :
row1.PS_DESCR+" Longueur : "+ row1.PS_LONG+" Largeur : "+ row1.PS_LARG +" Epaisseur : "+ row1.PS_EPAIS+ " Poids : " +row1.PS_POIDS
I HAVE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Results : Longueur : 25 Largeur : 15 Epaisseur : 10 Poids : 5  
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I WANT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Results :
Longueur : 25
Largeur : 15
Epaisseur : 10
Poids : 5  

Re: [resolved] Newline in tMap Condition

Hi,
row1.PS_DESCR+" Longueur : "+ row1.PS_LONG+" Largeur : "+ row1.PS_LARG +" Epaisseur : "+ row1.PS_EPAIS+ " Poids : " +row1.PS_POIDS

If I understand you well, you should insert newline in each row.
Please see my screenshot
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

One Star

No i want to import row1.PS_DESCR row1.PS_LONG row1.PS_LARG  row1.PS_EPAIS row1.PS_POIDS     in the row 2 column description ( concatenation of row1 columns in one field (with newline))
Four Stars

Hi mmegrous,
Have you tried concatenating \n char between your columns?
row2.column = row1.PS_DESCR+"\n"+row1.PS_LONG+"\n"+row1.PS_LARG+"\n"+row1.PS_EPAIS+"\n"+row1.PS_POIDS
Try above.
Vaibhav

Hi,
If so, you can link tMap to component tNormalize which normalizes the input flow following SQL standard.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

And can i make a return a line  ? Easily ? with a symbol or other because +"/n" don't work
Four Stars

Hi,
It works, what is the error you are getting? You need to use "\n" and not "/n".

This is what i used inside tmap with sample data with me
row9.Insurance_SegmentID + "\n"+row9.SetID +"\n"+row9.InsurancePlanID+"\n"+row9.CompanyID+"\n"+row9.CompanyName
I have following row in tfixedflow
IN1|1|MEDICARE|3|MEDICARE
Please check once again.
Vaibhav
One Star

Hi,
I'm trying to import with your example, the transfert is completed but no new line ( the result appear just on a line)
Four Stars

Try outputting results to delimited or log row... or try copying the contents of cell into the notepad...
Vaibhav

Hi mmegrous,

Is there any update for your issue?

Best regards
Sabrina
--