[resolved] Nested loop in tAdvancedFileOutputXML

One Star afa
One Star

[resolved] Nested loop in tAdvancedFileOutputXML

Can I have any nested loop in object tAdvancedFileOutputXML into "node status" ?

Accepted Solutions
Five Stars

Re: [resolved] Nested loop in tAdvancedFileOutputXML

I was able to achieve the multi level nested loop using tFileOutputMSXML, Thank you.

All Replies
One Star afa
One Star

Thanks for all your help
One Star

Hi there,
I'm a newbie in Talend, so I had to look around. From what I can see, you can't do that. It only accepts one loop element.
If you want to have multiple loops, you will have to use more advancedFileOutputXML components, one for each loop. To make sure that you write all the data, you have to put the component in append mode. Check the "Append the source xml file" checkbox in the advancedFileOuputXML properties. To copy the input flow to more components, use tReplicate.
I'm doing something similar right now. Tell me if you have other questions.
One Star

It seems that when both advancedFileOutputXML are in the same subjob, the last element writes over the other ones even if the append mode is selected. To get the job done you have to put them in different subjobs and link them with onSubjobOk.
Normally, the write operations should be atomic, but it seems not. It seems that the output is not flushed to the file right away.
I think this might be a bug. Can you guys (the experts) confirm that this is normal behavior?
One Star

Hi,
TOS/TIS doesn't manage nested loops. I just got this answer from the Talend support this week having the same problem.
Sorry.
One Star

You can get multiple loops using tFileOutputMSXML.
Five Stars

Hi,
I need to generate XML with Multiple level Nested Loop. Could anybody, assist on the same. How to Achive with tadvancedFileOutputXML or tFileOutputMSXML. I able to have only one Loop set using both these satges. Currently I am using Talend4.2.2, In any other higher version like 5 is it possible.

i am having a problem...
i have 2 input rows....(1)for network element details...and(2) for card details.....i use a tmap because i need to map between values of these 2 schemas....actually, i need to create xlink:href......but I don't know how to craete that in talend!!!.....now i want to put all these in a single xml file....how can I do that???

the problem is since i have used a tmap...,i have to have multiple rows coming from it for network element and card....now i am not able to combine it into a single tfileoutputmsxml
...does anybody have a solution for this??
Five Stars

I was able to achieve the multi level nested loop using tFileOutputMSXML, Thank you.