[resolved] Neo4j connection - version support

One Star

[resolved] Neo4j connection - version support

Hi,
I am a complete newbie but am blown away by the power of Talend OS for Big Data. I am looking to use it to export data from MS SQL Server and then transform and load it to a Neo4j graph database. I have started a test project and have connected to a local Neo4j instance - which leads to my question. I want to be able to connect to a Neo4j 2.0.0 instance as I am interested in using the new capabilities this brings (labels etc), however when trying the connection fails. I can successfully connect to a Neo4j 1.9.2 instance. This leads me to believe that the latest version of Neo4j is not supported. Is this correct? Are there any plans to add support for Neo4j 2.x?
Thanks,
Chris

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Neo4j connection - version support

Hi,
So far, talend Big data product don't support for a Neo4j 2.0.0 instance.
You can open a JIRA issue in the Talend DI project of the JIRA bugtracker, our component developer will check it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hi,
So far, talend Big data product don't support for a Neo4j 2.0.0 instance.
You can open a JIRA issue in the Talend DI project of the JIRA bugtracker, our component developer will check it.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the info. I have created an issue in the JIRA bugtracker as suggested.
Best wishes,
Chris

Hi,
Could you please paste the jira issue link into forum so that other users can see it, thanks for your contribution.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

One Star

Hi
Whats is the status / plan for this issue. I can see that it was nearly done. in July last year.
I am really looking forward to the fix
One Star

I wrote a blog post walks through a method to import data into Neo4j from Microsoft SQL Server directly, you can check it at: Import Data into Neo4j from MS SQL Server Directly using Talend, It shows a work around for labeling Nodes using Talend.