[resolved] Need to modify string of numbers and characters from ####CR to -####

One Star

[resolved] Need to modify string of numbers and characters from ####CR to -####

Looking for a component or configuration of one to do the task of change numeric value with a CR at the end to be a negative number with the " - " at the beginning of the number. so 32455CR would be converted to -32455. This occurs in several columns, so It would need to be repeatable.

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Need to modify string of numbers and characters from ####CR to -####

Hello
You can transform it on tMap, eg;
tFileInput--row1--tMap---tLogRow
type in expression of output column as:
row1.columnName.contains("CR")?"-"+row1.columnName.substring(0,row1.columnName.indexOf("CR")):"-"+row1.columnName

Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Need to modify string of numbers and characters from ####CR to -####

Hello
You can transform it on tMap, eg;
tFileInput--row1--tMap---tLogRow
type in expression of output column as:
row1.columnName.contains("CR")?"-"+row1.columnName.substring(0,row1.columnName.indexOf("CR")):"-"+row1.columnName

Best regards

shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

This works great, I just needed to remove the last "-" and replace it with a " " and then the conversion ran perfectly. Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.
One Star

How about when you want to remove non digit characters and leave numbers only but not remove the . sign for numbers with decimals e.g. 3.5 ml and .6ml . i have used the replace function (\\D) but the thing is it removes the . on these type of numbers so the result is 3 5 and 6 instead of .6 and 3.5
Your help will be much appreciated
One Star

Try this in tmap. It will replace all letters and spaces.
row1.a.replaceAll("","").replaceAll(" ","")
Regards,
Rick