[resolved] Need help parsing json file

One Star

[resolved] Need help parsing json file

Given the following in a json file (call it event.json):
{"fc_Mid":"","GPS Quality":"1","fc_fmi":"14","DSN":"7037452","VIN":"ABC1234567890","sentDateTime":"02/10/2017 18:44:59","type":"Fault Codes","fc_SA":"3","version":"1.00","faultcodeType":"2","fc_speed":"0","longitude":"-74.0088599","fc_pid_sidIndicator":"","fc_spn":"70","fc_odometer":"31411.1","cruiseStatus":"0","pfmDriverId":"244040","fc_rpm":"649","fc_Code":"","vehicleNumber":"10807","ignitionStatus":"1","triggerDate":"02/10/2017 18:44:59","occurrenceCount":"1","urgentFlag":"0","latitude":"40.6117188","companyId":"A899"} 
I don't seem to have luck getting to the elements of this file. Would someone be able to post an example job that parses the elements and just prints them out with tLogRow? What would the loop Json query and mapping look like?
Clearly I need to do more with the data but I can't even get past this first part. 
Many thanks for the help
 - rlm

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Need help parsing json file

Hi 
Select 'JsonPath without loop' in the readby list of tFileInputJson, and define the mapping fields which you want to extract, see below:

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi 
Select 'JsonPath without loop' in the readby list of tFileInputJson, and define the mapping fields which you want to extract, see below:

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Thank you, Shong, that got me moving. I will no doubt have more questions as I progress deeper into the project and I appreciate your helping out as you did.
- rlm