One Star

[resolved] Multi-Threading a job

I have a talend job with multiple OracleInputs that selects data and puts it into multiple delimited output files.
One day during development, I noticed that there is a check box for the job for 'multi-threading'. Nice. When I clicked on it, it made the job run faster and I could see several of the oracleinput object running concurrently. After some time has passed, I dont see the oracle inputs running concurrently and it appears to be single threading.
What can I do to verify that talend is truly doing the multi-threading correctly (i'm not a java developer)? i have had several instances with talend when i have has quirky behavior, and i am hoping this is not one of those times.
Any ideas?
tom
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Multi-Threading a job

Hi Arijit3012,
With community version, there is a "Multi thread execution" option in Extra tab of job view.
What's your job requirement? Are you looking for executing your job by parallel?
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
2 REPLIES
One Star

Hey Tom,
Were you able to confirm on how to check for multi threading.

Hi Arijit3012,
With community version, there is a "Multi thread execution" option in Extra tab of job view.
What's your job requirement? Are you looking for executing your job by parallel?
Best regards
Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.