One Star

[resolved] Metadata - Db Connections - login with network login id?

Ok, so I know when setting up a MS SQL Server ODBC connection with Window's "ODBC Data Source Administrator," you don't have to specify a login and password if you want the connection to use the current network login ID & password. (pic 1)
Is there an option for doing this in Talend?
I know that I can set up a Windows ODBC connection and then set my DB Type in Talend to "Microsoft SQL Server (ODBC driver)" to connect to that ODBC connection. (pic 2)
But, if I didn't want to set up a Windows ODBC connection and I wanted to set my Talend DB type to "Microsoft SQL Server," is there a way to use the current network login and password? (pic 3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Metadata - Db Connections - login with network login id?

Hello
Ok, so I know when setting up a MS SQL Server ODBC connection with Window's "ODBC Data Source Administrator," you don't have to specify a login and password if you want the connection to use the current network login ID & password. (pic 1)

Please read the related 1031.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
4 REPLIES
One Star

Above I was wondering if Talend could auto-detect, or whatever, the current Windows Authentication.

The, related, problem below that I had was trying to use a, explicitly stated, Windows Authenticated login and password to set up my database connection.
So, I've been trying to figure out why I couldn't create a connection to a database, with a login and password that I knew worked (pic 1)
After enlisting the help of our DBA and some trial and error on his part, he figured out that he could create connections with SQL Server Authenticated logins and passwords, but not with Windows Authenticated logins and passwords. (pic 2)

Is there some way to use Windows Authentications when setting up Db Connections in Talend? If not, are there any plans to allow for Windows Authentication in future releases?
Community Manager

Hello

Please read the related 1031.
Best regards
shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Yay!

Thanks!
One Star

It works! Awesome!
A note for anyone else:
the dll file mentioned in 1031 is in the jtds-#.#.#-dist.zip