One Star

[resolved] Manually start job / JobConductor

Hello everyone

I would like to know if there's a better way to do the following thing
I have a job, publish to the JobConductor and Schedule every hours
In some exceptional case I world like to give final user ability to manually start the Job (we develop a web app that sync with the JobConductor DB and start a the job)
I don't want to manage 2 version of the job (so we exclude the publish to apache WebService)
Is there a way with the Job Conductor Database to force the job to Start (like when we start it with the PLAY button on the org.talend.administrator webApp).
>I try the following but the job doesn't start
update executiontask set status ='REQUESTING_RUN'
where jobid = '_Wb3N0JJaEeO5tNtiPf5WAg'

Actually we ask the DB the name of the java batch file and start it with the command line with a background process. It works but the log doesnt end into the Job Conductor / and we want a more robust process

We actually have Talend. 5.3.1 Data Integration
Thank you
Philippe
www.rtcquebec.ca
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] Manually start job / JobConductor

Hello,
Try taking a look at metaservelet in our help center/Administration center guide:
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Non-GUI+operation+in+metaServlet&content-lang=en
It is a REST based webservice which allows you to do TAC operations(such as running a job).
Regards.
3 REPLIES
One Star

I saw instant running record in QRTZ_TRIGGERS table
but the following insert doesn't work., maybe the BLOB field

Insert into QRTZ_TRIGGERS
(TRIGGER_NAME, TRIGGER_GROUP, JOB_NAME,JOB_GROUP, IS_VOLATILE,DESCRIPTION, NEXT_FIRE_TIME,PREV_FIRE_TIME,PRIORITY,TRIGGER_STATE,TRIGGER_TYPE,START_TIME, END_TIME,CALENDAR_NAME,MISFIRE_INSTR) values
('InstantRunTrigger3_1392053578143_rCZ4C','JOB_CONDUCTOR','3', 'JOB_CONDUCTOR','0', 'Instant run trigger for task ''WatchDog_pour_Talend_5_1'' (id=181,idQuartzJob=3)','-1','1392053578393','5','COMPLETE', 'SIMPLE', '1392053578393','2969890378143',null,'1')

Thanks
Employee

Hello,
Try taking a look at metaservelet in our help center/Administration center guide:
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Non-GUI+operation+in+metaServlet&content-lang=en
It is a REST based webservice which allows you to do TAC operations(such as running a job).
Regards.
One Star

great it works perfectly
it is exactly the need we have
thank you