One Star

[resolved] Management of lookup fields for CRM Microsoft Dynamics 2015 ON PREMISE

I switch to an ON LINE option of the tMicrosoftCrmOutput connector to the ON PREMISE CRM 2015 Microsoft Dynamics option.
I did not see any more the lookup fields management (at the bottom of the Simple Parameter tab window).
How do I now manage these lookup fields ?
The problem is that it  is not compiling with database type LOOKUP  :
(type mismatch cannot convert from String to Document, the method setId(Guid) in the type EntityReference is not applicable for the arguments (void)
and this is not working  (runtime error :com.microsoft.schemas.xrm._2011.contracts.services.IOrganizationServiceUpdateOrganizationServiceFaultFaultFaultMessage: System.InvalidCastException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #C61D300A) 
with databases type STRING or GUID  (InvalidTypeCast).
So I have no solution. Somebody has an idea ? 

5 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Management of lookup fields for CRM Microsoft Dynamics 2015 ON PREMISE

Hi,
On which official build version did you get that? What does your input flow look like? Is there any more error exception printed on console?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Re: [resolved] Management of lookup fields for CRM Microsoft Dynamics 2015 ON PREMISE

Hi, 
Things have evolved from my post, but it still does not work.
As said before, the problem is with the tMicrosoftCrmOutput connector, authentification type ON PREMISE, version CRM 2015, 
when trying to update a lookup field in an entity.
I found no documentation about this problem (!!!), so I tried to understand the Java code generated by Talend: it seems that it is waiting a XML structure for a lookup field value.
I have also upgraded the TOS for ESB version to 6.1.0.20151209_1337
So I am trying to upgrade the lookup field parentaccountid (Java type : String, Database  type : Lookup) of the opportunityid entity
The value passed is :
"<entity_reference><guid>222f7f2c-b392-e511-80c3-005056923d91</guid><logical_name>account</logical_name><name></name></entity_reference>"
No error or exception now is returned by the CRM, but the upgrade (of the field parentaccountid) is not done (!!!)
So am I doing the right thing to update a lookup field ?
Where can I find some documentation ?
Hope you may help me.
Regards.
   Trimok
One Star

Ok it works now (I thought the upgrade was not done, but I was wrong)
So, passing xml value like : 
<entity_reference><guid>222f7f2c-b392-e511-80c3-005056923d91</guid><logical_name>account</logical_name><name></name></entity_reference> 
for a lookup field, is correct.
Please put the information in the documentation, please !!!

Hi,
 We find a related jira issue about tMicrosoftCrmOutput for a lookup field
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TESB-16835
Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

I'm trying this same thing but I wonder how I have to define the fields in TMap. I cannot define a database type there. Or do I have to put a tjavarow component here ?
I tried to define the guid fields as string or as document but this doesn't help me.
<entity_reference><guid>9e46489f-af00-e211-b587-d48564531939</guid><logical_name>pricelevel</logical_name><name></name></entity_reference>