One Star

[resolved] MSSqlFactory cannot be resolved to a type

Hi,
I'm new to Talend Open Studio and currently using TOS Dig Data 6.3.1 on a Linux box with Ubuntu. I've created a simple job with 2 components (a tMSSqlConnection and a tMSSqlInput) just for testing purpose. When running the job, the connection works but the input element fails displaying the following error: Execution failed: Job compile errors At least job "MS_Test_Job" has a compile error, please fix and export again. Error Line: 481 Detail Message: org.talend.designer.components.util.mssql.MSSqlUtilFactory cannot be resolved to a type. There may be some other errors caused by JVM compatibility. Make sure your JVM setup is similar to the studio.
The code line where error appear is: org.talend.designer.components.util.mssql.MSSqlGenerateTimestampUtil mssqlGTU_tMSSqlInput_1 = org.talend.designer.components.util.mssql.MSSqlUtilFactory.getMSSqlGenerateTimestampUtil();
I downloaded mssql-jdbc.jar from Microsoft and install it using the Import external jar button on the Modules window. It seems to work since I'm able to open the SQL Builder window, run a query and see the results but if I click the Guess schema button a Connection error window appears saying com.talend cannot be resolved to a type.
Have someone had this issue before?
Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] MSSqlFactory cannot be resolved to a type

Problem was solved after removing Talend and downloading and installing it again without installing mssql-jdbc.jar.
4 REPLIES

Hi,
Have you tried to restart  your studio to see if it works?
Did you follow up document about?TalendHelpCenter:Installing external modules to install your external jar?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for your quick response.
I installed mssql-jdbc.jar as the document says and also restarted the studio but still it doesn't work. The component that shows the error is the tMSSqlInput.
One Star

Problem was solved after removing Talend and downloading and installing it again without installing mssql-jdbc.jar.

Hi,
Great that this issue has been fixed. Thanks for sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.