One Star

[resolved] Lookup non fonctionnelle

bonjour,
j'en ai deux source différentes (un main et un lookup) que je voulais joindre via tMap.
Je constate que la jointure entre les deux champs string ne fonctionne pas pourtant les deux champs sont les memes.
PS: les sources sont des tDBInput (tables paradox)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Lookup non fonctionnelle

Hi,
Set the talend method in tmap expression
TalendString.talendTrim(row.ColumnName,' ',0)

As a matter of fact, there is also an option for "Trim all the String/Char columns" in tDBinput component Advanced Settings.
See my screenshots.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
13 REPLIES

Hi,
This is an international forum and English is the language we use. Posting in English will allow you to get more visibility and more help. Thanks for your understanding!
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
Excuse my ignorance, here is the traduction:
I have two data source (tDBInput) one is the main the other is a lookup, i want to join them with a tMap via string fields . The problem is that i have no match correspondances although the fields are same (same contained and lenght)

Ps: the data source are from different paradox format table, the first is paradox7(Driver do Microsoft paradox *.db) the second is paradox9(INTERSOLV 3.11 32 bit paradox file)

Hi,
The problem is that i have no match correspondances although the fields are same (same contained and lenght)

Do you mean you cannot join them in tmap? Did you check the component reference document TalendHelpCenter:tMap? Could you give us the screenshots of your two input source and tmap editor so that we can address your issue more quickly.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

You see that it is a simple Job of test Smiley Happy
ReferenceArticle and BK_RefArticle are same.
Source1 and Source2 are from different ODBC driver (I think that it's a preoblem of caratere conversion)
Do you have any suggestion ?
One Star

here is the TMap

Hi,
How did you set the "join model" and "Match Model" in tmap? what the input source look like? Elaborating your case with an example with input and expected output values will be appreciated.
You'd better use forum "Image Upload" box to upload screen captures (20 images per post, each image must be less then 1024x768 pixels and 200 KB), which would be easier for you and more convenient for other users.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Join model : Left outer join
Match model : Unique correspondence
DesignationArticle, codeFamilleArticle and FamilleArticle are extra column from the Lookup, I can delete theme no problem.
One Star

Just onther question:
Do you know how to apply talend function on a lookup field (on the tMap) ?
because : TalendString.talendTrim(BK_RefArticle,' ',0) could resolve the problem, but i can't put it on the tMap

Hi,
Set the talend method in tmap expression
TalendString.talendTrim(row.ColumnName,' ',0)

As a matter of fact, there is also an option for "Trim all the String/Char columns" in tDBinput component Advanced Settings.
See my screenshots.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Thank you so much xdshi, your second option save my life, this avois me to put a TMap after every tDBInput to trim blancs Smiley Happy

Hi,
Is the Lookup function working for you after Trimming? Feel free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
Yes lookup is working after I cheked the "Trim all the string/char column"
Thank you Smiley Happy

Hi,
It is great, thanks for your feedback.
Best regards
Sabrina
--