[resolved] Log file are not generated when i run talend job from Java Application

One Star

[resolved] Log file are not generated when i run talend job from Java Application

Hi,
I use log4j property file of Project Setting of Talend.
When i run Job within talend, Log Files are generated.
But when i export job as a jar file and run it from java project at that time log files are not generated.
Please Suggest.
Screen shots are as below : 
Talend Job Log4j Configuration:

Java Code in NetBeans :

Talend Job :

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Log file are not generated when i run talend job from Java Application

Hi there Mandalas
I figured it out. It appears that the stats and log setting as you set them in the project setting are meant to stay with the project.
To have them more with the job you have to go in the panel below your design panel. There are tabs that you are no doubt already familiar with, like the Component tab the Run tab. To the left there is also a context tab and even further left a job tab. Select the job tab. In the second vertical tab of the job tab you will see a logs & Stats tab. Go there!. There is a little check mark on the first line that say something about using the project settings. Uncheck this and them you can edit the fields which are pretty well the same as those in the project setting plus a few to synchronize the two if need be. Once disconnected this way those setting in the job tab will follow you job when you build it and run it through a batch job.
Hope this help
(I'll try to put a picture but it did not work the first time.)

All Replies
One Star

Re: [resolved] Log file are not generated when i run talend job from Java Application

it's done.
One Star

it's done.

How ?
One Star

I have the same issue! but there is no solution here.
Can we be enlightened?
One Star

Hi there Mandalas
I figured it out. It appears that the stats and log setting as you set them in the project setting are meant to stay with the project.
To have them more with the job you have to go in the panel below your design panel. There are tabs that you are no doubt already familiar with, like the Component tab the Run tab. To the left there is also a context tab and even further left a job tab. Select the job tab. In the second vertical tab of the job tab you will see a logs & Stats tab. Go there!. There is a little check mark on the first line that say something about using the project settings. Uncheck this and them you can edit the fields which are pretty well the same as those in the project setting plus a few to synchronize the two if need be. Once disconnected this way those setting in the job tab will follow you job when you build it and run it through a batch job.
Hope this help
(I'll try to put a picture but it did not work the first time.)