Six Stars

[resolved] Load Balancing between two servers...

I'm using TIS Enterprise Edition.... I need to know a way where my job can decide execution server at runtime depending on availability of the server. If there any option readily available in Talend or TAC?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] Load Balancing between two servers...

Got it - A virtual server is a group of physical servers from which the best rated server will automatically get preferred at job execution time. In Talend Administration Center, simply select physical servers and group them into a virtual server. Then set the execution task onto this virtual server as for any execution server, in order to automatically select the best server to execute the task onto
Thanks a lot xdshi Smiley Happy
6 REPLIES

Hi,
In Talend Administration Center, it can be specified running a job on which job server, but you should firstly set it in tac server.
There are the related references: Managing execution servers and Job Conductor and ESB Conductor
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi,
I'm aware of it. My question is in different context. is it possible to to choose Execution server depending on availability. Let's say I've two servers A & B, if A server is already busy with 3 jobs, the execution of new job should be automatically send to Server B.

Hi,
Which Talend Enterprise Studio Enterprise Edition do you used? For our new version, you can set up a virtual server. When the jobserver is broken, you can start a new one.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

I'm using 5.2 version. I'm looking at the documentation and looks like they have included a chapter on how to setup virtual server. But when my both job servers are up and running; is there a way in TAC where I don't have to physically mention execution server - TAC will choose the execution server for me depending on some logic.
Six Stars

Got it - A virtual server is a group of physical servers from which the best rated server will automatically get preferred at job execution time. In Talend Administration Center, simply select physical servers and group them into a virtual server. Then set the execution task onto this virtual server as for any execution server, in order to automatically select the best server to execute the task onto
Thanks a lot xdshi Smiley Happy

Hi,
For more information, you can navigate to Talend Help Center to find the related references. Feel free to post your issue on the forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--