One Star

[resolved] Jobs in TAC running in "Awaiting for execution to be finished"

Hi all,
We have 35 jobs running in our Talend Platform (version 5.1.2), 20 of them are running continuously, and 15 of them with triggers setup in the TAC. All the jobs are in TAC.
For some reason, we have some jobs that are not being executed and they have the warning "Awaiting for execution to be finished". At the beginning we thought it was due to memory problems, as we increased significatly the number of jobs deployed in the last weeks. One day some jobs just stopped working (or awaiting forever). We tried putting more memory, but it did not solved the problem.
We also checked all the params from the OS (number of threads, number of processes), but everything seems normal.
$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/threads-max
$ ulimit -v
unlimited
$ ulimit -s
$ awk '{ gsub("+/", "") ; print $4 }' /proc/loadavg
$ cat /proc/sys/kernel/pid_max

I'm wondering if there is an option somewhere (TAC, Karaf, Jobserver) to say the number of maximum jobs running at the same time. I tried to look into the docs or the TAC configuration page, but I found nothing so far.
Any ideas? Thanks!!
2 REPLIES
One Star

Re: [resolved] Jobs in TAC running in "Awaiting for execution to be finished"

I've found it, it's in {TAC tomcat folder}\webapps\org.talend.administrator\WEB-INF\classes\quartz.properties
There is a parameter "org.quartz.threadPool.threadCount = 20". I've changed to a bigger value, a TAC restart and it works well

Cheers

Re: [resolved] Jobs in TAC running in "Awaiting for execution to be finished"

Hi erochina,
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Could you please mark this topic as resolved so that other community users will be informed that this thread has been resolved.
Many thanks.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.