[resolved] Job cannot be opened

One Star

[resolved] Job cannot be opened

V 5.0.1
I was working on a job and deleted a component. Got a null pointer error. Saved the job, but now it cannot be opened.
All I get is a popup window: "An error has occurred. See error log for more details. Index: 12, Size: 12"
I have tried exporting the job, and also importing the whole workspace to a new one with alaways the same result.
Any ideas, I will lose many hours of work.

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Job cannot be opened

Pedro, Thanks, but your response was not really what I hoped for. I can read the XML source and my job appears to be intact. I think there must be some way to salvage at least parts of it right?
I found the following in the log:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2012-01-13 20:49:48.717
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 12, Size: 12
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.connections.Connection.setInputId(Connection.java:1313)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.loadConnections(Process.java:2180)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.loadXmlFile(Process.java:1591)
Browsing the source here indicates a problem with assigning the merge order:
http://www.talendforge.org/trac/tos/browser/trunk/org.talend.designer.core/src/main/java/org/talend/...
After investigating the Merge Order to to tUnite_1 component, I found that the entry I was working on when the problem occurred has a merge order of 13, while no flow had a merge order of 1. So I simply changed the 13 to a 1 and the job can now be opened.
Hopefully nobody else has this problem, but if they do I hope this is helpful.

All Replies
One Star

Hi
I'm sorry to tell you that your job has been corrupted.
The only way is to delete the job and recreate it.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Pedro, Thanks, but your response was not really what I hoped for. I can read the XML source and my job appears to be intact. I think there must be some way to salvage at least parts of it right?
I found the following in the log:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2012-01-13 20:49:48.717
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 12, Size: 12
at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.connections.Connection.setInputId(Connection.java:1313)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.loadConnections(Process.java:2180)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.loadXmlFile(Process.java:1591)
Browsing the source here indicates a problem with assigning the merge order:
http://www.talendforge.org/trac/tos/browser/trunk/org.talend.designer.core/src/main/java/org/talend/...
After investigating the Merge Order to to tUnite_1 component, I found that the entry I was working on when the problem occurred has a merge order of 13, while no flow had a merge order of 1. So I simply changed the 13 to a 1 and the job can now be opened.
Hopefully nobody else has this problem, but if they do I hope this is helpful.
One Star

Hi
Thank you for your sharing.
Glad to see you fix it.
Regards,
Pedro