One Star

[resolved] Job Wont Open

I get the following error when i attempt to open a particular job. Other jobs open fine. What I have figured out is if I clear out the job's .item file it opens (although its just a blank job if I clear the .item file out). Where do I find the log the error is referencing and how do I go about finding out whats causing the error?
An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Job Wont Open

The issue is the character I tried to replace. Since the .item file and expressions files are xml they cannot store the character I am trying to filter out since its an invalid xml character. My job ended up completely broken because of the replace expression i tried to use. I created a new job based on fragments of the old one and it is running good for me. I am going to try using a tmysqlOutput component instead of a tsugarCRMoutput component to solve my issue with the invalid control characters.
Relevant thread for future reference (sorry for having 2 threads...originally I thought they were 2 separate issues): http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=89741
5 REPLIES
One Star

I found the log file. Seems like a similar problem to this thread - http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21286
Any advise?

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2012-07-11 10:13:27.030
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.loadElementParameters(Process.java:1059)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.loadConnections(Process.java:2182)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.process.Process.loadXmlFile(Process.java:1610)
at org.talend.repository.editor.JobEditorInput.loadProcess(JobEditorInput.java:112)
at org.talend.repository.editor.JobEditorInput.checkInit(JobEditorInput.java:74)
at org.talend.repository.editor.JobEditorInput.<init>(JobEditorInput.java:66)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.ProcessEditorInput.<init>(ProcessEditorInput.java:39)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.ProcessEditorInput.<init>(ProcessEditorInput.java:34)
at org.talend.designer.core.ui.action.EditProcess.doRun(EditProcess.java:105)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:589)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:84)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:217)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:2751)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1882)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:601)
at org.talend.repository.viewer.action.RepoDoubleClickAction.run(RepoDoubleClickAction.java:102)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.RetargetAction.run(RetargetAction.java:221)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonNavigatorManager$3.open(CommonNavigatorManager.java:185)
at org.eclipse.ui.OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper$InternalListener.open(OpenAndLinkWithEditorHelper.java:48)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:845)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.JFaceUtil$1.run(JFaceUtil.java:49)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.SafeRunnable.run(SafeRunnable.java:175)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:843)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1131)
at org.eclipse.ui.navigator.CommonViewer.handleOpen(CommonViewer.java:462)
at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:1235)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:264)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:258)
at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:298)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:126)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)
One Star

Further details...not sure if it helps or not.
From javadoc of ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException:
* Thrown to indicate that an array has been accessed with an
* illegal index. The index is either negative or greater than or
* equal to the size of the array.
One Star

It appears there is an issue with the connections portion of the jobs .item file. I deleted most of them out and the job is now loading. Its a set back, but not as bad as loosing the entire job. If anyone has some advise on how to rescue the original job please let me know. Thanks!
Seven Stars

I think you would have to try cross-reference the detail in the .item file to find the invalid connections, something like in http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21286.
One Star

The issue is the character I tried to replace. Since the .item file and expressions files are xml they cannot store the character I am trying to filter out since its an invalid xml character. My job ended up completely broken because of the replace expression i tried to use. I created a new job based on fragments of the old one and it is running good for me. I am going to try using a tmysqlOutput component instead of a tsugarCRMoutput component to solve my issue with the invalid control characters.
Relevant thread for future reference (sorry for having 2 threads...originally I thought they were 2 separate issues): http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=89741