One Star

[resolved] Jdbc paradox to export tables

Hello everyone,
I have a problem, i can't export my tables from paradox to cassandra because i can't find a free jdbc driver to read and export from paradox server. Is a talend jdbc for paradox for that (or in current work ) or someone have a idea where i can find a free jdbc for paradox or an alternative to jdbc ? I take everything !
My current version of talend is 6.1.1 64 bits and the version of paradox is 7.x or 11.x. (Hope it's enough)
I find com.hxtt.sql.paradox.ParadoxDriver from "www.hxtt.com" but its not free ! (My wallet is in a galaxy, far far away !)
I can connect with that but i can't read or export tables from paradox...
Thanks for your time and your attention.
ps: sorry for my english.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Jdbc paradox to export tables

buy the jdbc and everything perfect.
5 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hello 
There are no special paradox components, but you can try the common JDBC component tJDBC... or ODBC components tDBxxx. Refer to this topic:
https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=32736
Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

i tried with the generic jdbc and for now i failed miserably. for the tdbinput componant its seem to not be in my talend did i have to download it ? and i found the old sun.jdbc.odbc.jdbcodbcdriver from rt.jar to put an odbc connection in a tjdbc but i failed too :s
can you explain me step by step how to do this i'm really lost here ! (for the odbc connexion)

i just found https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Setting+up+a+database+connection&content-lang=en
"Also due to Java 8 limitations, you cannot create Generic ODBC or Microsoft SQL Server (ODBC) connections in Talend Studio 6.0 and onwards" so goodbye generic odbc solution i suppose or am i missing something ?
One Star

i found a pdxjdbc.jar:
- in URL JDBC i put jdbc:bdea://localhost/<localfileadress>;SM=<session_user>
- in pilote i put PdxJdbc.jar
- in class name com.corel.pdx.driver.PdxJDBCDriver
- etc
i crash everytime when i put "SM=<session_manager>" in the url, and i can't establish a connection without, i'm pretty stuck here... i'm not sur what they mean by session manager
One Star

Community Manager

No way, sometimes you have to spend money.Smiley Wink
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business