One Star

[resolved] Java error when loading rows with tFileOutputExcel

Hello,
I have a talend job that inserts a simple 17 column dataset into an excel spreadsheet. 
It works fine, but when the number of rows exceeds a certain amount it fails. 1500 rows doesn't cause the error, 2000 rows does. 
The error I get is: 
Exception in component tFileOutputExcel_6 
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: -32764 
at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(Unknown Source) 
at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source) 
at org.apache.poi.xssf.model.StylesTable.getFontAt(StylesTable.java:200) 
at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook.getFontAt(XSSFWorkbook.java:711) 
at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbook.getFontAt(XSSFWorkbook.java:70) 
at org.apache.poi.ss.util.SheetUtil.getCellWidth(SheetUtil.java:112) 
at org.apache.poi.ss.util.SheetUtil.getColumnWidth(SheetUtil.java:217) 
at org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFSheet.autoSizeColumn(XSSFSheet.java:336) 
at org.talend.ExcelTool.setColAutoSize(ExcelTool.java:263) 
at mr_iqm.tld_pop_njrpb_exceltemplateexport_0_1.tld_pop_NJRPB_ExcelTemplateExport.tMSSqlInput_12Process(tld_pop_NJRPB_ExcelTemplateExport.java:29589) 
at mr_iqm.tld_pop_njrpb_exceltemplateexport_0_1.tld_pop_NJRPB_ExcelTemplateExport.tMSSqlInput_5Process(tld_pop_NJRPB_ExcelTemplateExport.java:14188) 
at mr_iqm.tld_pop_njrpb_exceltemplateexport_0_1.tld_pop_NJRPB_ExcelTemplateExport.tMSSqlInput_3Process(tld_pop_NJRPB_ExcelTemplateExport.java:4762) 
2014-09-11
Attached is a screenshot of the job setup. Please have a look and let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Doug
talend_bug.5416a2b39f797.zip.zip
4 REPLIES

Re: [resolved] Java error when loading rows with tFileOutputExcel

Hi,
Have you tried "Custom the flush buffer size" option in Advanced Setting of TalendHelpCenter:tFileOutputExcel?
Did you make a testing to use tLogRow instead of tFileOutExcel to see if everything is ok with you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello,

if i use tlogrow there is no problem. 
In the 'advanced settings' tab of tfileoutputexcel component, i don't see that option? I see only: 
Create directory if not exists 
advanced separator 
tstatcatcher statistics
I should also note this is for version 5.2.2
Thanks,
Doug
One Star

As a follow up question, is this setting available in 5.2.2 or is there an equivalent setting?
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tFileOutputExcel&content-lang=en

Hi,
"Custom the flush buffer size" option is available when Write excel2007 file format (xlsx) is selected in the Basic settings view.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.