[resolved] JDBC autocommit false

One Star

[resolved] JDBC autocommit false

Hello All,
I am working with jdbc connection pool and I need to set autocommit to false on jdbc connections and then commit manually. I have connection pool setup in Talend runtime environment and all JDBC components that I used were configured to use data source alias.
My original setup was tJavaflex ->onSubjOK tJDBCRow -> (onSubjOk tJDBCCommit). This setup did not work when I disabled tJDBCCommit despite the fact that I set defaultAutoCommit to false in connection pool config file. When tJDBCCommit was disabled data was still committed to database.
Then I added tJDBCConnection since it has that nice checkbox "Use Auto-Commit" which I unchecked and then I set tJDBCRow to use existing connection from tJDBCConnection. So my setup became as follows:
 tJavaFlex -> onSubjOK ->tJDBCConnection ->onSubjOK ->tJDBCRow ->(onSubjOk tJDBCCommit). 
This also did not work.  Checking the code I was surprised to see that the code generated for tJDBCConnection did not even try to get connection from connection pool datasource.  Looking further I found out that autocommit flag is being set on connection retrieved from connection pool by tJDBCRow but despite that, the job still autocommits. 
I would appreciate any suggestions on how to resolve this issue. I am using Talend Open Studio 6.0 for ESB.
Thank you!
Svetlana

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] JDBC autocommit false

Turned out this doesn't have anything to do with Talend but with AS400 default transaction isolation level which is set to "read uncommitted" :mad:

All Replies
One Star

Re: [resolved] JDBC autocommit false

Turned out this doesn't have anything to do with Talend but with AS400 default transaction isolation level which is set to "read uncommitted" :mad:

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs

Read