[resolved] Iterate and use of tFileOutputProperties

One Star

[resolved] Iterate and use of tFileOutputProperties

Hello,
I am quite new to TOS and now I am facing the following problem. I have to create a file with the following layout:

ACTION=NEW
BRANCH=1
Initials=
Firstname=Maryse
Name=FOLSOM
PersonalNo=
EmployeeNo=0021200
Department=001
Address=

ACTION=NEW
BRANCH=1
Initials=
Firstname=Katty
Name=VANNESS
PersonalNo=
EmployeeNo=0021669
Department=001
Address=
and so on.
I think tFileOutputProperties could do the job, but I am facing mainly two problems:
1° the section name of tFileOutputProperties must be dynamic,based on a card-id that i have in my input (a query)
2° one way or the other I will have iterate ..
Could someone help me with this one please ? All suggestions welcome!
Thanks
Philippe
One Star

Re: [resolved] Iterate and use of tFileOutputProperties

In this case you can use a tmap and map the variables, i am excepting that the data is coming from some database.Do make the file properties file append.
One Star

Ok, i got it work ! Used a tFlowToIterate and then iterate on a tOracleInput and a tMap, from there i feed the tFileOutputProperties.
Philippe
One Star

I want to achieve exactly the same as Phil71. Additionally I want to create a new file for each section (eg. CARD00006.txt, CARD00007.txt etc). How would you exactly go about doing this?
The following doesn't work as Talend won't allow me to create iterate link from tFlowToIterate to tFileOutputProperties?
tMSSQL Input -(Main)-> tMap -(Main)-> tFlowToIterate -(???)-> tFileOutputProperties
The challenge seems to be how to map row and it's column/value pairs into tFileOutputProperties key/value pairs. I understand from Phil's reply earlier that he got this working somehow?
I'm running Talend 3.2.3.R.
One Star

Hi Osku,
I think the order in witch you to things may be "wrong". I add print-screen s of my sub-job that creates the properties file.
I do a tOracleInput (to find my distinct sections) ->tFlowIterate -> tOracleInput (to query my data key-value sets) ->tMap->tFileOutputProperties.
This works fine, but i put everything in one file .. If you want a seperate file you will have to use a (String)globalMap.get(xxxx) where xxxx is the variablename you created in tFlowiterate (I use this technique for my section names). You will have to put this in the "File Name" field in tFileOutputProperties.
I use TOS 4.0.0 .. and I am quite new to TOS ..
Philippe.
One Star

Phil, that clears things up a bit. Unfortunately I still don't fully understand the role of tOracleInput_1 and tMap_1. Can you please post screens of your tOracleInput_1 query and the mapping in tMap_1?
Thanks,
Osku