[resolved] Is it possible to add plain text file when I build Talend Job

Highlighted
Four Stars

[resolved] Is it possible to add plain text file when I build Talend Job

Hi Gurus,
I would like to know is there any way to package a plain text file when I build the Talend job.
Thanks,
Sanket.

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Is it possible to add plain text file when I build Talend Job

Hi,
So far, Talend don't support for packaging a plain text file when building the Talend job in studio.
Could you please take a look at a related forum:http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=37307 to see if it is OK with you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hi,
So far, it's not possible to build job with input file. Did you want to execute your job in another system?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,
No, not in different system. I want to package and external text file just like the way we do in Java(like adding a file into JAR file).
So, when I build the job that file should also be included in my build. 
Thanks,
Sanket.
Five Stars

you can use ANT, build to package external files with Talend job. 
Export as build job, then use eclipse to create ANT build and add your external file to build.xml. 
hope this is what you are looking for.

Hi,
So far, Talend don't support for packaging a plain text file when building the Talend job in studio.
Could you please take a look at a related forum:http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=37307 to see if it is OK with you?
Best regards
Sabrina
--