[resolved] Invoking a Rest Service for file upload

One Star

[resolved] Invoking a Rest Service for file upload

Hi,
I need to invoke a rest service that do a file upload.
I used tRest component, configured it and used a contex variable to pass file data to http body parameter. But I don't know how set data file into context variable and then how pass this data in input to tRest component.
Anyone can help me pleae?
thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Invoking a Rest Service for file upload

Hi,
Tibco BW is a little bit different, nevertheless an ESB too Smiley Happy (I am an iPE expert)
ok.. this works as designed. tFileRow reads the input file ROW by ROW and sends a ROW of data to process.
in the tMap component you have to define an output structure and map input to the tMap output. Then the iterator should have a property with name of the tMap output, something like ((String)globalMap.get("row3_output")). (NB_LINE is the number of lines)
As far I know there is no direct component that reads all the file content at once, you can read CSV, excel, xml, ldif, json, . that's why ir would be great if it would be a structured file (e.g. tFileReadXML would post the whole XML or it's part). Maybe tFileInputRegex would do it
let's play a little
have fun
gabriel

All Replies
One Star

Hi,
it's not necessary to use a context variable (use it for configuration purposes). You will have to load the file content into a row container, e.g. reading an XML file, the job will look such as
tFileXmlInput -> tWriteXMLField (or tXMLMap) -> tFlowToIterate -> tRest
than rename the tFlowToIterate component to e.g. "iterator" and in the tRest body you will able to use iterator.xmlField (Ctrl-Spacewill propagate you available options and then it will convert the input into a executable expression)
It will work for structured files, e.g. XML, CSV, etc, but to load an unstructured content - I guess you will have to do a function for it (e.g. create a bean)
Carpe diem
Gabriel
One Star

Thank you very much Gabriel, I've tried something like that but I've missed the tFlowIterate and cannot link the tRest.
Now, I've tried with tFilewInputRow-->tMap-->tFlowToIterate-->tRest
In tRest Body I have something like this: <fileContent>" + ((Integer)globalMap.get("tFlowToIterate_1_NB_LINE")) + "</fileContent>
But service has called n times (one for row).
Sorry I'm quite new to Talend, but had experience with Tibco BW that looks like.
One Star

Hi,
Tibco BW is a little bit different, nevertheless an ESB too Smiley Happy (I am an iPE expert)
ok.. this works as designed. tFileRow reads the input file ROW by ROW and sends a ROW of data to process.
in the tMap component you have to define an output structure and map input to the tMap output. Then the iterator should have a property with name of the tMap output, something like ((String)globalMap.get("row3_output")). (NB_LINE is the number of lines)
As far I know there is no direct component that reads all the file content at once, you can read CSV, excel, xml, ldif, json, . that's why ir would be great if it would be a structured file (e.g. tFileReadXML would post the whole XML or it's part). Maybe tFileInputRegex would do it
let's play a little
have fun
gabriel