[resolved] Interbase 5.6 connectivity

One Star

[resolved] Interbase 5.6 connectivity

Hi,
I'm trying to connect TOS 5.6.1 with Interbase 5.6 (locally installed) by diferent ways with no luck:
1st method -> Repository/Metadata DB connection:
- dbtype: Interbase
- login: SYSDBA
- pass: masterkey
- server: localhost
- database: C:/my_database.gdb
- ERROR: 
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.IBException: connection rejected by remote interface
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:164)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1054)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:311)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:272)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$26.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:2335)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$26.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.IBException: connection rejected by remote interface
      at interbase.interclient.Connection.remote_ATTACH_DATABASE(Unknown Source)
      at interbase.interclient.Connection.connect(Unknown Source)
      at interbase.interclient.Connection.<init>(Unknown Source)
      at interbase.interclient.Driver.connect(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:155)
      ... 9 more
2nd method -> tJDBCConnection + interclient.jar -> tJDBCInput
- JDBCURL: "jdbc:interbase://localhost//C:/iofwin.gdb"
- Driver JAR: interclient.jar
- Driver Class: "interbase.interclient.Driver"
- User: "SYSDBA"
- pass: "masterkey"
- ERROR: tJDBCInput -> Database connection is failed. Set parameters and continue -> None connection parameter is in red
3rd method -> tInterbaseConnection -> tInterbaseInput
- host: "localhost"
- database: "C:/my_database.gdb"
- User: "SYSDBA"
- pass: "masterkey"
- ERROR: tInterbaseInput-> Database connection is failed. Set parameters and continue -> "database" connection parameter is in red
An ideas?
Regards

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Interbase 5.6 connectivity

Hi,
As we said, our components "interclient.jar" do not support for Interbase below 7.0. If you want to use Interbase 5.6 in Talend, you should replace current jar with Interbase 5.6(interclient.jar).
Talend interclient.jar file should be located in <TalendInstallationPath>\configuration\lib\java.
You'd better do this action on 32 bit machine( your Interbase 5.6  is 32 bits).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hi,
Could you please take a look at a related jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-28207(Component can't connect to interbase DB)?
Feel free to add your question or comment on this jira issue.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
i'm getting this error in TOS version 5.6.1.20141207_1530. The bug is not solved yet?
I'm connecting ok with IBExpert from same local machine...
Regards

Hi,
Interbase 5.6 (locally installed)

It's not a bug and the solution is " no change required ".
So far, our components "interclient.jar" do not support below 7.0
Please see document:TalendHelpCenterSmiley Frustratedupported systems and databases.
Have you tried it on latest version of InterBase WI-V11.0.3.655 to see if it is working?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
our customer can't change Interbase version...
Is there any way to connect Talend with Interbase 5.6? 
Regards

Hi,
What's your Interbase 5.6 version? 32 bit or 64bit? And what's your OS?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Interbase 5.6 32 bits
Development machine -> Win7 64bits
Prod machine -> Win7 32 bits
Regards

Hi,
Could you please try to copy the jar from 5.6 to replace the jar current in our components in your Win7 32 bits machine to see if it is working?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I'm sorry, I don't understand what i have to copy.
We can't make any test in PROD Win7 32 bits machine. We have to make it work in Win7 64bits DEV machine.
Can you explain a litlle bit, what jar we have to copy, where is it, and where must we copy it?
Thanks in advance

Hi,
As we said, our components "interclient.jar" do not support for Interbase below 7.0. If you want to use Interbase 5.6 in Talend, you should replace current jar with Interbase 5.6(interclient.jar).
Talend interclient.jar file should be located in <TalendInstallationPath>\configuration\lib\java.
You'd better do this action on 32 bit machine( your Interbase 5.6  is 32 bits).
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

It works Sabrina, Thank you.
Regards

Hi,
Glad this issue is fixed. Thanks for your feeback.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
solution found work for Connect and Select. No luck for Insert or Update statements.
I made a simple Workflow to insert in a simple table called "NEW_TABLE" with one string field. No FKs, etc
           tFixedFlowInput (Assigning the String vaslue) -> tMap -> tInterBaseOutput
This is the error:
Exception in component tInterbaseOutput_1
interbase.interclient.SQLException: Dynamic SQL Error
SQL error code = -104
Token unknown - line 1, char 12
"NEW_TABLE"
I think this error means the SLQStatement has syntax errors... line 1, char 12 -> INSERT INTO NEW_TABLE(...
It seems the name of the table is wrong. It is picked from "NEW_TABLE" Table Name window.
Any ideas?
Regards