[resolved] Integration of the special characters

One Star

[resolved] Integration of the special characters

Hi,
I am user of TOS 4.2.
When i insert data whith a "é" or "ï", talend insert the character "?" in my database SQL server 2008.
Could you explain me how i can insert the special character.
tks

Accepted Solutions
One Star mpa
One Star

Re: [resolved] Integration of the special characters

new_talend,
In order to see the error sometimes you need to create a reject flow. To do so right click on your tMssqlOuput, choose row, choose rejects end connect it to a tlogrow or any fileoutput.
This will result in your records with two additional columns to show the error reason why the record wasn't inserted.
Regards

All Replies
One Star mpa
One Star

cedricgodfroy,
I used to have the same problem. Are u reading from text files using a tFileInputdelimited component?
If so you need to change the decoding in the component in the advanced settings. This should fix it.

Kind regards
One Star mpa
One Star

cedricgodfroy,
If that doesn't solve it it might have something to do with the database collacation. But i'm not sure about that. Can you manually enter a record and is it shown correctly or does SQL server replace it when inserted?
Regards
Six Stars

Check input character coding page. And try to convert it, best to utf-8.
On the other hand if you are talking about just 2 characters, you can try following:
Unicode
Codepos. Character UTF-8(hex.) Name
U+00E9 é c3 a9 LATIN SMALL LETTER E WITH ACUTE
U+00EF ï c3 af LATIN SMALL LETTER I WITH DIAERESIS
You could initiate your special character with one of the following statement (any of these will work) in tJavaRow:
String sU00E9 = "\u00E9";
char cU00E9 = '\u00E9';
Character CU00E9 = new Character('\u00E9');
And then you could try replace occurences of the char in output stream to tMSSqlOutput.
I also faced these issues as soon as I am Czech, so we have also some special characters against simple english character map.
Let me know.
Ladislav
One Star

Hi
I am trying to insert data in a SQL Server DB. I am using a file delimited. When test with msgbox, output file everything is OK.
The DB connection is working the table in DB is created and when inserting there´s no error and nothing inserted in DB.
Someone can help me please.
Thanks in advance.
One Star

Hi
I am trying to insert data in a SQL Server DB. I am using a file delimited. When test with msgbox, output file everything is OK.
The DB connection is working the table in DB is created and when inserting there´s no error and nothing inserted in DB.
Someone can help me please.
Thanks in advance.
One Star mpa
One Star

new_talend,
In order to see the error sometimes you need to create a reject flow. To do so right click on your tMssqlOuput, choose row, choose rejects end connect it to a tlogrow or any fileoutput.
This will result in your records with two additional columns to show the error reason why the record wasn't inserted.
Regards