[resolved] Installing the JasperETL Enterprise Data Integration Studio on RedHat?

One Star

[resolved] Installing the JasperETL Enterprise Data Integration Studio on RedHat?

Hi All,
I'm trying to install the JETL DI 5.4 server modules on RHEL(5.5) system using JETL installer but failed because of the following exception.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Log started 01/29/2015 at 13:48:59
Preferred installation mode : text
Trying to init installer in mode text
Mode text successfully initialized
Executing service jaspersoft-jac stop
Script exit code: 1
Script output:

Script stderr:
 jaspersoft-jac: unrecognized service
Error running service jaspersoft-jac stop : jaspersoft-jac: unrecognized service
Executing service jaspersoft-cmdline stop
Script exit code: 1
Script output:

Script stderr:
 jaspersoft-cmdline: unrecognized service
Error running service jaspersoft-cmdline stop : jaspersoft-cmdline: unrecognized service
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I'm pretty sure that following prerequisites are available on the host system.
1.Java 7 (Configured the JAVA_HOME and JRE_HOME properly)

Installation mode : --mode text
I have followed the documentation but there isn't much information available for the JETL DI installation through installer on RHEL.
Can any one please guide me on this?
Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Installing the JasperETL Enterprise Data Integration Studio on RedHat?

Hi Shong,
Thanks for the reply.I was trying to install talend server modules on the server machine and I will install studio on the client machine.
I was able to figure out the issue and found that Jaspersoft-JETLPLUS-Installer-r111943-V5.4 setup got missed the dist file under the installation directory.
So I have just copied the dist file into the installer directory and successfully installed the required server modules on the redhat server machine.

All Replies
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] Installing the JasperETL Enterprise Data Integration Studio on RedHat?

Hi
Refer to the product installation documentation, redhat 5.5 is not a compatible platform for studio, JAVA 7 isn't the supported JDK version for commandline on redhat 5.5.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
Thanks for the reply.I was trying to install talend server modules on the server machine and I will install studio on the client machine.
I was able to figure out the issue and found that Jaspersoft-JETLPLUS-Installer-r111943-V5.4 setup got missed the dist file under the installation directory.
So I have just copied the dist file into the installer directory and successfully installed the required server modules on the redhat server machine.