[resolved] Installing external Jar

One Star

[resolved] Installing external Jar

Hi
I'm trying to connect to a MySql Databases but I can't install the mysql connector, I keep getting the "Failed to install mysql-connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar" message
Plus the mysql-connector-java.jar file is not provided in <Talend studio install path>/plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_5.4.1.r111934\components\tMySqlInput
I followed this link to install jar manually but still no result
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Installing+external+modules&content-lang=en

Any help please ?
Thanks

Accepted Solutions

Re: [resolved] Installing external Jar

Hi o.mazouz,
Is there any connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar located in <Studio Path>/lib/java?
Some external modules are not available on the Talend website but can be downloaded directly from external websites. Once downloaded, these modules must be placed in specific folders.
For the studio, the downloaded modules must be placed in the following folder: <Studio Path>/lib/java.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hi o.mazouz,
Is there any connector-java-5.1.22-bin.jar located in <Studio Path>/lib/java?
Some external modules are not available on the Talend website but can be downloaded directly from external websites. Once downloaded, these modules must be placed in specific folders.
For the studio, the downloaded modules must be placed in the following folder: <Studio Path>/lib/java.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hello Sabrina
Thank you for the help !
I don't have this folder at all <Studio Path>/lib/java. I do have in in the data quality but not in the studio
Should I create the folder and add the specific module ?
Best regards
Oualid
One Star

I created the folder <Studio Path>/lib/java and added the specified module and now it's working
Thank you Smiley Happy

Hi,
It's great for us to hear that. Thanks for your feedback. Don't hesitate to post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

i have the same problem i also created that folder but nothing happen i cannot install java.jar please help me

Hi Hassan Shahbaz,
What's the talend product version are you using? Have you checked document about TalendHelpCenter:Identify required external modules and TalendHelpCenter:Install external modules?
Best regards
Sabrina
--