[resolved] Input to a tJDBCInput component

One Star

[resolved] Input to a tJDBCInput component

I am fetching a list of IDs using a tJDBCInput component, processing it in the tJavaRow. Based on some condition I need to fetch the corresponding row from the database, for which I have defined another tJDBCInput component.
But I am not able to connect to that tJDBCInput using Main/Iterate. As I see, the first JDBC Input component will fetch ID row by row, which I am checking for some condition in the tJavaRow, and on success, I need to fetch data from another query using this ID.
If I give a Run If component after tJavaRow, all the rows from first query are fetched and then the Run If executes.
How is it possible for the second query to use the output of the first query? I tried using tJDBCRow, but it won't give any output (as mentioned in the documentation).

Accepted Solutions
Seven Stars

Re: [resolved] Input to a tJDBCInput component

You'll need the main from tJavaRow to go to tFlowToIterate then iterate to tJava (empty) and the RunIf to your second tJDBCInput.
You could also connect your first tJDBCInput directly to tFlowToIterate and have your processing in the tJava instead of tJavaRow.

All Replies
One Star

Will joining your tJDBCInputs on ID with a tMap work for you?
Seven Stars

You'll need the main from tJavaRow to go to tFlowToIterate then iterate to tJava (empty) and the RunIf to your second tJDBCInput.
You could also connect your first tJDBCInput directly to tFlowToIterate and have your processing in the tJava instead of tJavaRow.