One Star

[resolved] Informix Connection Problem

Hi All,
I'm trying to connect to a informix database on a linux server.
Creating a Database Connection in Meta-Data works well. But if I want to use this connection, I got an error, that I didn't have given a Schema.
What does schema mean?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: [resolved] Informix Connection Problem

Problem solved adding a tInformixRow just after tInformixConnection with a "BEGIN WORK" statement.
Reference:
"Each row that an UPDATE, DELETE, or INSERT statement affects during a transaction is locked and remains locked throughout the transaction. A transaction that contains many such statements or that contains statements that affect many rows can exceed the limits that your operating system or the database server configuration imposes on the number of simultaneous locks."

9 REPLIES
Four Stars

What is your version of Talend and Informix?
If you don't want to use a schema, just give an empty string in the field => ""
One Star

Hello smalleret,
thanks for your reply.
I was complet be off the track while writing this post. I thought schema means a part of the connection string, but ...
Forget it.
BTW, empty string "" in schema will also produce an error.
My TOS Version is 4.0.2..
Four Stars

Can you give me the stack trace returned by Talend please?
One Star

Yes, but it takes some time. Only my customer has a informix database and i will be there again in a few days
One Star

bonjour tous,
j ai voulu créer une connexion à une base donnée INFORMIX, le problème que j?arrive à se connecter à la base IDS mais
à la base SE ça marche pas ,je ne sais pas pourquoi.
si vous avez réponse merci de m'aider.

Hi karima2014,
This is an international forum and English is the language we use. You 'd better post your issue in English so that you can get more visibility and more help. Thanks for your understanding!
It seems something wrong with you Informix connection. Is there any error info in your studio console?
Have you read component reference TalendHelpCenter:tInformixInput.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

I'm experiencing a related problem with tInformixConnection.
We have a job with the following workflow:
----------------------------------
tPreJob tInformixConnection tInformixRow
tJava tOracleInput -> tMap -> tInformixOutput

tPostJob (onSubJobOk) -> tInformixCommit
----------------------------------
All informix components are using the connection stablished on tInformixConnection , but when I execute this job, I get the error bellow randomically in one of the tInformixOutput:
Exception in component tInformixOutput_1
java.sql.SQLException: Connection not established
at com.informix.util.IfxErrMsg.getSQLException(IfxErrMsg.java:397)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.h(IfxSqliConnect.java:6008)
at com.informix.jdbc.IfxSqliConnect.prepareStatement(IfxSqliConnect.java:2037)
at talend.j_int_faturamento_pamcard_erp_diario_teste_0_3.j_INT_Faturamento_Pamcard_ERP_Diario_Teste.tOracleInput_1Process(j_INT_Faturamento_Pamcard_ERP_Diario_Teste.java:3404)
at talend.j_int_faturamento_pamcard_erp_diario_teste_0_3.j_INT_Faturamento_Pamcard_ERP_Diario_Teste.tJava_1Process(j_INT_Faturamento_Pamcard_ERP_Diario_Teste.java:1732)
at talend.j_int_faturamento_pamcard_erp_diario_teste_0_3.j_INT_Faturamento_Pamcard_ERP_Diario_Teste.tJava_14Process(j_INT_Faturamento_Pamcard_ERP_Diario_Teste.java:1634)
at talend.j_int_faturamento_pamcard_erp_diario_teste_0_3.j_INT_Faturamento_Pamcard_ERP_Diario_Teste.runJobInTOS(j_INT_Faturamento_Pamcard_ERP_Diario_Teste.java:10594)
at talend.j_int_faturamento_pamcard_erp_diario_teste_0_3.j_INT_Faturamento_Pamcard_ERP_Diario_Teste.main(j_INT_Faturamento_Pamcard_ERP_Diario_Teste.java:10247)

This occurs randomically in any of the informix components, but if all of them are using the same connection, why a insert runs in the first component but not in the next one?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards.
Six Stars

Problem solved adding a tInformixRow just after tInformixConnection with a "BEGIN WORK" statement.
Reference:
"Each row that an UPDATE, DELETE, or INSERT statement affects during a transaction is locked and remains locked throughout the transaction. A transaction that contains many such statements or that contains statements that affect many rows can exceed the limits that your operating system or the database server configuration imposes on the number of simultaneous locks."

Hi anselmopeixoto,
Thanks for sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.