[resolved] Import zip in Job Conductor

One Star

[resolved] Import zip in Job Conductor

Hi everybody,
This is my first post.
I've created a zip with generated code from the Client. When I try to import it in the admin console I receive an error (sorry for the italian). It seems the system wrongly concatenate the file name using the local path (on the server) together with the remote path (my desktop). Looking in the server area it seems the transfer (from my PC to server) is done (a tmp file is created) but not completely (the tmp file is not renamed with the final name and is removed after a while).
thanks for your help
enrico

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Import zip in Job Conductor

I found the resolution - Go to:
      Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Option>Security>Custom 
      Disable the "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server" 
Please mark this topic as resolved.

All Replies

Hi enrico,
When I try to import it in the admin console I receive an error (sorry for the italian). It seems the system wrongly concatenate the file name using the local path (on the server) together with the remote path (my desktop). Looking in the server area it seems the transfer (from my PC to server) is done (a tmp file is created) but not completely (the tmp file is not renamed with the final name and is removed after a while).

Could you please indicate the build version you are using? Could you please share your TAC job conductor setting screenshots with us?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks for your reply.
Here information required:
build version: 5.5.1.118616
Generated jobs folder: E:/Talend/Administrator/generatedJobs
Tasks log folder: E:/Talend/Administrator/executionLogs
Quartz servlet: initialized

Hi,
Could you please open a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that we can schedule a webex with you to give a remote assistance.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks Sabrina,
I'll try with the support as soon as I'm able to connect (we had some problem in receiving the password).
Ciao
enrico
One Star

The support ask me some detail on the version of the client and of TAC and also relevant to the browser used in order to check if it is supported. I was using IE 8 but after this question I try with chrome 38.0 (I didn't check if it was supplied but it was the other I have installed) and now it works.
So I guess it was a compatibility browser problem.
Thanks anyway
enrico

Hi enrico,
Thanks for your feedback. Can we consider your topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

what is the significance of this folders?
Generated jobs folder: E:/Talend/Administrator/generatedJobs
Tasks log folder: E:/Talend/Administrator/executionLogs
One Star

Hi Team - Is there any update on this ticket as I am also facing the error while importing job in TAc by import job. I am using Talend 5.4.2 version. Also how this could be fix with IE instead of chrome? as In production we do not have option with Chrome or other browseer instead of IE.

Hi,
What's the IE version you are using? Can you repro this issue on other browsers?(firefox)
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi - I am using IE11. I do not think this is a problem with IE  because when I login (window user) to the system with administrator access, it is able to import but when I login to the system with my user credential, it is not uploading the job. also interestingly, when I import by administrator, it is by default change the path to c:\fakepath but without administrator access, it is keep the actual directory i.e. d:\temp\ (in my case). Then after I give my window user to full access to D:\temp folder even though it is not helping me.
Please help me here.
One Star

I found the resolution - Go to:
      Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Option>Security>Custom 
      Disable the "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server" 
Please mark this topic as resolved.

Hi Vicki,

Thanks for your feedback and sharing your solution with us.
Best regards
Sabrina
--