[resolved] Import of project ZIP file into TAC fails

One Star

[resolved] Import of project ZIP file into TAC fails

L&G,
I'm trying to import the project ZIP file into TAC Job Conductor within New Job creation action. I have exported the project using DI Enterprise Studio and after starting the upload of ZIP file into TAC I get the following error message: Can not find the job information properties file in uploaded file. However, the export of ZIP file in Studio was done without any errors.
Any idea?
Thanks.
Miro

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Import of project ZIP file into TAC fails

I have resolved it myself, by granting read/write permission on TAC--> Project authorizations.
Thanks,

All Replies

Hi,
What's the version of your client and TAC? What's the browser you are using?
Have you tried to import project Zip file into TAC  in another browser?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Miro,
I'm drawn towards the following statement of yours Smiley Happy :
import the project ZIP file into TAC Job Conductor 

Usually, one tries to import a single job {extracted via right-click & "Export Job" option}
So, just wanted to ascertain this before we delve deeper.
MathurM
One Star

Hi,
I have tried to import only one job exported to ZIp file in studio - the same error.
I'm using DI studio 5.5.1 and the same TAC version.
Browser is Firefox.
Regards,
Miro
One Star

I have tried IE web browser (instead of Firefox). It get's different error message:
C:\Talend\55543C~1.1\tac\APACHE~1\temp\C:\Talend\Work\demo_project.zip (The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect)
Demo_project.zip was exported using DI Studio.
Miro
One Star

Here is the screenshot (TAC - Job conductor/Add execution task/Import Job from ZIP)

Hi mkoteles,

Have you tried already import a job zip file into TAC by IE browser? Make sure that the project must at least been created in TAC (even empty).
What's  your JDK version? Your TAC and studio in same machine?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi mkoteles
The same issue I was facing. I resolved it by changing setting(enable : Include local directory path When uploading files to a server) in I.E browser .I hope this may help you.PFA
Thanks
Ashish

One Star

Hi mkoteles,

Have you tried already import a job zip file into TAC by IE browser? Make sure that the project must at least been created in TAC (even empty).
What's  your JDK version? Your TAC and studio in same machine?
Best regards
Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,
I'm Importing Job into TAC, but getting error "User has no access to the project "Test" this Zip refers to". can you help on it resolving the issue.
The TAC is configured in different machine and i'm importing Job zip folder from my VM.
Thanks,

Hi Hanuman G,
Have you checked your user role and right in administration center? read only access or read/write access?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

I have resolved it myself, by granting read/write permission on TAC--> Project authorizations.
Thanks,

Hi,
Great it fixed. Thanks for your prompt reply.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi sabrina,
when i'm building job to place it is a folder, and using default settings, i'm getting the below error, can you help me on to resolve it.
java.lang.Exception: Job was not built successfully, please check the logs for more details
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJob(BuildJobManager.java:252)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJob(BuildJobManager.java:162)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJobs(BuildJobManager.java:104)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.buildJobWithMaven(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1483)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage$8.run(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1388)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1059)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.finish(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1393)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.finish(JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.java:1225)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizard.performFinish(JobScriptsExportWizard.java:126)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:853)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:438)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.ExportJobScriptAction.doRun(ExportJobScriptAction.java:117)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:632)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:99)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:258)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3257)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:2053)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:641)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:208)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

thanks,

Hi Hanuman G,
You cannot build your jobs on studio? On which build version you got it?
Could you please give us more details about your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi sabrina,
Build means, exporting job into zip folder.
we are using Talend 6.2.1 version.
issue description: Trying to export job into zip folder to schedule it in TAC.
work space for Talend jobs is shared server.
thanks,

Hi,
Can you successfully build your job on studio? It's recommended that you should report a ticket on talend support portal so that we can give you a remote assistance on your issue through support cycle with priority.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

HI Sabrina,
I'm able to run the job successfully in studio, but exporting the job into Zip folder from Talend studio; used build option. To schedule this job we are using import zip option in TAC. do we have any option other than build ?
can we use Talend project work space as Shared server? Talend studio is palced in one server and we are using Talend project workspace in other server(shared server)?
Thanks.

Hi,
Or you can build job using commandline.TalendHelpCenter:Building a Job using the CommandLine
can we use Talend project work space as Shared server? Talend studio is palced in one server and we are using Talend project workspace in other server(shared server)?

Do you want to open a remote project?
Have you already checked document about:TalendHelpCenter:Logging in to the Studio
TalendHelpCenter:How to open a remote project
Have you already reported a ticket on talend support portal?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi,
I think,i have not detailed what exactly my issue is, we are not using project work space as remote server(SVN or GIT), we are using project work space as shared folder which is placed in another server(\\server name\Talend Folder\Talend project).
So, how we can build this job to place as zip folder in TAC.
Also TAC is configured in different server.
I'm in the process of getting required details to raise ticket.
Thanks,

Hi,
Is there any problem for you to use remote server(SVN or GIT)? How can you interact your studio and TAC without using  shared repository (SVN or git)?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
One Star

Hi, 
we are using repository: "Local", WorkSpace ="//servername/Talendproject/".
Talend studio, TAC and workspace are under same domain, but each are placed in different servers.
Actually i'm not aware how to install/configure (GIThub/SVN). can you help how we can do it.
Thanks,