[resolved] Ignore null values in tAggregateRow

One Star

[resolved] Ignore null values in tAggregateRow

Please see the attached image. If it's not clear, I am trying to use tAggregateRow to find counts of all records and all non-null records in a file, grouped by fips_code. I know that ir_id is never null, but avm_point potentially has some null values. When I run this job, regardless of whether I have ignore null values checked or not, I get the full row count for each field. Am I not using ignore null values in the intended way? Any ideas how I can accomplish what I'm trying to do?
Seven Stars

Re: [resolved] Ignore null values in tAggregateRow

You say that you're trying to count records in a FILE? Is avm_point a String? tFileInput components generally don't ever read Strings as null but rather as empty Strings ("") ...
One Star

Oh, that makes sense. Avm_point should have been an integer. Thanks! It's good to know that strings aren't read as null, though.
Highlighted
One Star

Hi,
If my input column is string then how can i get count(distinct) values of that column ignoring null values.
i tried with taggregaterow component, but it's reading null value as a distinct value, can you please help on this to suggest best way to handle it.
Thanks,
Harsha