[resolved] Ignore/Delete rows in output if a field matches a certain value

One Star

[resolved] Ignore/Delete rows in output if a field matches a certain value

Hi, I'm transforming an input file to an output file using a tMap.
There is a field in the input file that, if it contains a certain character, the row should not be included in the outfile. How would I do this?
Ie: if FLAG == "G", don't include the row.
I could hypothetically create an if statement for every column, but there are too many columns for that to be practical and I'm sure another solution exists.

Accepted Solutions
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] Ignore/Delete rows in output if a field matches a certain value

I am not sure about I Understood you correctly because the solution sounds so easy:
Use the filter in the tMap. You will find them on the top of every output flows and on the bottom on every input flows.
It is an arrow symbol. You can drag & drop the input columns to it and use Java expressions to filter.

All Replies
Seventeen Stars

I am not sure about I Understood you correctly because the solution sounds so easy:
Use the filter in the tMap. You will find them on the top of every output flows and on the bottom on every input flows.
It is an arrow symbol. You can drag & drop the input columns to it and use Java expressions to filter.
One Star

Oh wow, this is exactly what I needed. I knew the solution was easy, I just couldn't find it on my own and a search for it turned up no results. Thanks a lot for the reply.