One Star

[resolved] How to uninstall external module

Hi. 
Now I am using Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 6.0.0.20150702_1326
I have my own proprietary jdbc driver and I install it into Talend through "Import external jars"
and then I want to unistall and install again my own driver so I tried to delete it by clocking "X" button in Modules.
It seems it does not work. Even though I reimported it again but it seems still pointing to old version of my driver.
Thus, How can I get rid of my driver or reinstall it in Talend ?
Thanks
Daniel
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] How to uninstall external module

Thanks your reply.
I think I found another way to do this. 
I imported my own jdbc driver through 'tJDBCOutput' module where i added using Driver JAR '+' and 'External modules'
After that, I think my new jdbc driver is reloaded.
4 REPLIES

Hi,
Did you want to force Talend to use the new .jar file for your JDBC connection?
If so, you should put the newer version into the component directory and edit the xml file tDBXXX_java.xml on the bottom (try to find the IMPORT declaration and change it to your newer version).
After doing that, please delete the file <studio-install-dir>/configuration/ComponentCache.javacache and restart studio.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Thanks your reply.
I think I found another way to do this. 
I imported my own jdbc driver through 'tJDBCOutput' module where i added using Driver JAR '+' and 'External modules'
After that, I think my new jdbc driver is reloaded.

Hi danielkim1502?
Thanks for sharing your solution with us. Can we consider this topic as resolved?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi I am facing a similar issue
we use talend 5.6.1
we need to delete a few unwanted libraries that are taking too much space. We want to delete them from svn and also in all the user pcs so that the dont put them back into svn when they try logging in 
is there a way to do this?