One Star

[resolved] How to route data to different targets based on conditions

Hi,
Please let me know component name used to divide source data based on given conditions. For example if I have 10 ids in source so I want to route 5 ids to one flow and 5 to another flow based on filter conditions. Means how to route data to different flows based on given condition,
Thanks,
6 REPLIES
One Star

Re: [resolved] How to route data to different targets based on conditions

Hi inabi,
U can use tMap component to route he data to different flows based on the conditions. On the target side , there is expression filter ( Activate/Unactivate Expression filter). U can give ur condition here on every target flow.

Hope this would be helpful to u.
Thnx,
Saty.
One Star

I also tried it but not giving output as desired. Simply i am reading data from xml file in which i have field Flag and value (Yes or No). I want to load Yes records to one target and No to another target. In tMap component i am giving simple codition like
row1.flag=="Yes" for one target
row1.flag=="No" to another target
But none of the target is populated. Eventhough I have kept filter expression Activated.
Pls help.
Community Manager

I also tried it but not giving output as desired. Simply i am reading data from xml file in which i have field Flag and value (Yes or No). I want to load Yes records to one target and No to another target. In tMap component i am giving simple codition like
row1.flag=="Yes" for one target
row1.flag=="No" to another target
But none of the target is populated. Eventhough I have kept filter expression Activated.
Pls help.

If the datatype is String, you should use the method row1.flag.equals("yes") instead of row1.flag=="Yes".
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Employee

"yes".equals(row1.flag) is another option Smiley Happy
I prefer this way, because it avoids an exception if row1.flag was null Smiley Happy
Regards,
Olivier
One Star

Thanks to all
One Star

Hi all,will anybody tell me how can we get cumulative salary result