One Star

[resolved] How to recover .properties file of jobs

Hi
How i can recover my .properties files.In my workspace i have .item and .screenshot files but .properties file is missing.So i can import my my jobs from workspace.Please help me it has my important jobs.
Please help me,its very important.
Thanks 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] How to recover .properties file of jobs

Hi jlolling
Thanks for your reply.I did a trick and it works
1)I cut workspace to another directory
2)Restarted talend and it created a new empty workspace.
3)I created job with the same name as it was in my previous workspace.On job creation it created (.item,.screenshot,.properties file).
4)I copied .tem and .screenshot file from previous workspace and copied it in newly created workspace.
5)Refresh job in talend and it will load ypour previous jobs.
Note:You cann't backup metadata connection same way(Happened with me).You need to new create metadata connections. 
6 REPLIES

Hi,
Could you tell us the build version you are using? Did you build your job? Could you give us more description about your current situation?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Seventeen Stars

It is the default setting for build jobs to contains also the sources (items, properties etc.).
If you have an enterprise edition, everything is save persisted within SVN, do not worry, nothing lost in this case.
It would be interesting in which way you lost these files - perhaps we can learn from it.
One Star

Hi
Thanks for reply.
I am using Enterprise Trial version of BigData(5.5.1).
I have installed it on windows 7 and when  today i started my system,it starts loading windows file and says some error occurs and starts repairing it and after repairing successfully it restarts and to my surprise all my jobs were missing.I checked workspace and found all .properties file are gone.So problem was recovery.Windows automatically recovers my system in safe mode to a date 16-08-2014.So i can't undo it.
Btw where is everything save in persisted mode.
Seventeen Stars

In this case you should have used the Talend Administration center and a SVN repository. I mean this SVN repository never throws anything away, it is always accessible. I suggest you use SVN related tools (under Windows Tortoise is nice) and under Mac (Cornerstone) to get the missing files.

One Star

Hi jlolling
Thanks for your reply.I did a trick and it works
1)I cut workspace to another directory
2)Restarted talend and it created a new empty workspace.
3)I created job with the same name as it was in my previous workspace.On job creation it created (.item,.screenshot,.properties file).
4)I copied .tem and .screenshot file from previous workspace and copied it in newly created workspace.
5)Refresh job in talend and it will load ypour previous jobs.
Note:You cann't backup metadata connection same way(Happened with me).You need to new create metadata connections. 
Seventeen Stars

Thats true. It would be great to know why this accident happened? 
you perhaps learned one of the fundamental rule - always backup your work ;-)
(On a Mac I let do this task by the build-in Time Machine)