One Star

[resolved] How to import existing projects from SVN?

Hi,
I set up a working test environment with TAC and Studio with version 5.0.2.
I used the embedded H2 database for TAC.
Then I set up a new test environment with version 5.2.1.
I configured TAC to use an Oracle database and also provided the SVN-URL as before with the existing old projects.
Now I want to import the existing projects from SVN and also create new ones.
Unfortunately I don't know how to gain access to these projects in TAC
and when I want to create a new project I get the error message:
"Save failed: There is child folder(s) which contains another project in this url 'http://atbi03.utalan.at:9980/svn/dwh_talend_prod' -- For more information see your log file"
Any hints? Smiley Happy
best regards
Stefan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] How to import existing projects from SVN?

Hi Stefan
The same SVN URL can not be used for two times for project in different environment, you are setting up a completely diffierent environment and using different database for version 5.2.1. If you still use H2 database for TAC for v5.2.1, you just need to upgrade H2 database, and point it to existing H2 database in TAC of version 5.2.1. See this page aboutHow to upgrade your product. However, you use another database type for TAC in version 5.2.1, the page don't apply to this case, please follows these procedure to migrate your projects:
1. Open a project in Talend Studio 5.0.2, and export all items.
2. Create the project with the same name with another SVN URL in TAC 5.2.1.
3. Open the project in Talend Studio 5.2.1, import all items.
4. Repeat all above steps to migrate other projects from 5.0.2 to 5.2.1.
Let me know if you more assistance.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Hi Stefan
The same SVN URL can not be used for two times for project in different environment, you are setting up a completely diffierent environment and using different database for version 5.2.1. If you still use H2 database for TAC for v5.2.1, you just need to upgrade H2 database, and point it to existing H2 database in TAC of version 5.2.1. See this page aboutHow to upgrade your product. However, you use another database type for TAC in version 5.2.1, the page don't apply to this case, please follows these procedure to migrate your projects:
1. Open a project in Talend Studio 5.0.2, and export all items.
2. Create the project with the same name with another SVN URL in TAC 5.2.1.
3. Open the project in Talend Studio 5.2.1, import all items.
4. Repeat all above steps to migrate other projects from 5.0.2 to 5.2.1.
Let me know if you more assistance.
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

I got it!
Thank you, shong!
One Star

Hi,
I am receiving a similar error when I try to import my project through TAC (Talend 5.4.1). This is the first project in the system, so I am not sure that the duplicate SVN URL issue applies. Are there characteristics of the SVN project itself that could lead to that error?
Steve
Error:
Save Failed: There is child folder(s) which contains another project in this URL 'https:XXXXX//XXXXX/svn/XXXXXXXX/trunk/XXXXXXX/camel/' -- For more information see you log file
Log File Trace:
org.talend.gwttoolkit.client.exception.ClientBusinessException: project.error.childFolderContainProject at org.talend.gwttoolkit.server.common.ClientBusinessExceptionAdapter.adapt(ClientBusinessExceptionAdapter.java:34) at org.talend.gwttoolkit.server.TalendRemoteServiceServlet.processException(TalendRemoteServiceServlet.java:53) at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.remoterepositorymgt.services.ProjectServiceImpl.innerSaveProject(ProjectServiceImpl.java:282) at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.remoterepositorymgt.services.ProjectServiceImpl.saveProject(ProjectServiceImpl.java:253) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:561) at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:208) at org.talend.gwttoolkit.server.TalendRemoteServiceServlet.processCall(TalendRemoteServiceServlet.java:94) at org.talend.gwtadministrator.server.LoggedAndLicenseCheckRemoteServiceServlet.processCall(LoggedAndLicenseCheckRemoteServiceServlet.java:36) at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248) at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:859) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:602) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Hi Goldstein
Have you already checked document TalendHelpCenter:Managing projects?
You'd better report a ticket on Talend Support Portal so that our colleagues from support team can schedule a webex with you to give a remote assistance.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.