[resolved] How to import Package to effect entire Talend Job

One Star

[resolved] How to import Package to effect entire Talend Job

Hey,
I know how to import a package into a single tJava component, but I would like to be able to import the package to effect the entire job.
Screenshot is what I currently have.
I would like to import java.util.Calendar once and be able to use it in any component in that Job.
Thanks,
Brian

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] How to import Package to effect entire Talend Job

Hi Brian,
An easy way to do this would be to use the tLibrary component to import actual library files from java. This way you will be able to import an entire jar and any package. Although I am sure that if you import a package through the tJava component it is globally imported by default meaning you can use it in other components. (if you click on the code tab at the bottom left you will be able to see it will be part of your imports)

All Replies
One Star

Hi Brian,
An easy way to do this would be to use the tLibrary component to import actual library files from java. This way you will be able to import an entire jar and any package. Although I am sure that if you import a package through the tJava component it is globally imported by default meaning you can use it in other components. (if you click on the code tab at the bottom left you will be able to see it will be part of your imports)
One Star

Thanks Dean,
Exactly what I was looking for.