[resolved] How to convert XML file to csv

One Star

[resolved] How to convert XML file to csv

Hi Everyone,
Am new to XML components in talend and when am trying to use these components in talend am not able to i even tried to follow the documents.
So can anyone help me out in using the component tFileInputXML .How can i do the mapping.am attaching the screenshot where am not able to map.
Thanks
LMIT

Accepted Solutions
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] How to convert XML file to csv

At first define a schema for your tFileInputXML component. The schema reflects all flat data which you want as result of the input process. You don't have to use the wizard. If you familiar whith xpath you can define the mapping between your schema columns and the XML content direct in the tFileInputXML component.
If you want using the wizard (like your screenshot) in the step you shown, you have to define the schema columns (Fields to Extract). Unfortunately this wizard can only be used for larger screen resolution. In your screenshot you only see the button (+) and not the list (to small to recognized it as a list).

All Replies
Seventeen Stars

Re: [resolved] How to convert XML file to csv

At first define a schema for your tFileInputXML component. The schema reflects all flat data which you want as result of the input process. You don't have to use the wizard. If you familiar whith xpath you can define the mapping between your schema columns and the XML content direct in the tFileInputXML component.
If you want using the wizard (like your screenshot) in the step you shown, you have to define the schema columns (Fields to Extract). Unfortunately this wizard can only be used for larger screen resolution. In your screenshot you only see the button (+) and not the list (to small to recognized it as a list).