One Star

[resolved] How to connect to an Oracle Database through LDAP?

In toad, I have the option to specify whether I want to use a TNS connection, a Direct connection, or an LDAP connection.
Toad checks for my ldap.ora file in $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/ and then populates the LDAP Descriptor box with a number of databases. I simply check the database I want, enter my username and password, and I can connect.
In SQL*PLUS, I just use the following syntax: sqlplus username/password@name. SQLPLUS knows to check the sqlnet.ora file for the NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH parameter, which can look like: (TNSNAMES, LDAP, HOSTNAME). if the "name" exists in both the tnsnames.ora file and the ldap directory, sqlplus will use whichever is specified first in NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH (in this case, tnsnames.ora). Otherwise if "name" exists in only one of the two, sqlplus will use the correct one.
Either way, I don't need to configure much to make it happen.
In Talend, I haven't seen a way to connect to a database through an LDAP connection. Most of our production servers are moving to this and some of my Talend jobs have broke because I haven't been able to get this working.
Does anyone know how I can do this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] How to connect to an Oracle Database through LDAP?

I was able to do it with Sabrina's help like the following:
Connection Type: ORACLE CUSTOM
URL: "jdbcSmiley Surprisedracle:thin:@ldap://oracleHostName:1234/serviceNameOrSid,cn=OracleContext,dc=company,dc=com"
2 REPLIES

Hi,
So far, there is no an LDAP option for the oracle database connection in Talend.
All the DB components use ODBC/JDBC mode.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I was able to do it with Sabrina's help like the following:
Connection Type: ORACLE CUSTOM
URL: "jdbcSmiley Surprisedracle:thin:@ldap://oracleHostName:1234/serviceNameOrSid,cn=OracleContext,dc=company,dc=com"